• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

notes on this site (1 Viewer)

ricespirit

HSC
N/A
first post here. hi everyone
im sorry if this is the wrong section to ask but i was wondering if anyone thought the "premium notes" on this site were worth paying for? i'm considering getting a premium membership but i'm still unsure if it will be worth it.

not trying to offend anyone
thx

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Aww the Advanced English notes aren't too bad, just depends what topics you're doing.

What subjects are you doing?

The notes, I believe, are quite good especially for Economics, Biology, English and Business Studies ... if you just keep looking for the right lot of notes in the Premium section ... because there are a few to choose from for each subject (and therefore the topic you are studying).

Worth it? I'd say yes, personally.

HSC
I've seen them, and they're terrible for all the subjects I bothered to check (Eng Adv, Eco, Biz, Physics).

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Well you may not find all the notes useful, but for subjects such as English certain points may become more apparent and you yourself could elaborate on them. Some points are evident and others may be of things you haven't thought of yet. But the English notes (some aspects of them) may be able to broaden your understanding of the text and assist in your analyse.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
the notes are a good starting point, but nothing you'd write in an exam.

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
Well you may not find all the notes useful, but for subjects such as English certain points may become more apparent and you yourself could elaborate on them. Some points are evident and others may be of things you haven't thought of yet. But the English notes (some aspects of them) may be able to broaden your understanding of the text and assist in your analyse.
True, I take the less popular texts (like Wordsworth/Malouf, Citizen Kane) so there are barely any resources to begin with.

I suppose you might find an interesting sentence or two per page but it's not worth paying for.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Hmmm yeah probably not actually worth paying for, because you find all sorts of useful stuff for English texts on the web. Google is your friend. But hey, for $20 for one year you might as well get premium and find out for yourself - who knows what resources you might find useful for your subjects.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Are the notes on this site helpful at all? Can you study from notes on this site without notes of your own?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Well people usually do Premium for other purposes. For example, I probably did my Premium to support the website and for some notes and Advanced SAM. I found Business Studies notes quite well summarised. Advanced SAM is okay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)