• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Nuclear Medicine? (1 Viewer)

ashleyhazel

aaaashley
HSC
Any one do this?

Is it hard? Is the physics bit hard?

I heard it wasn't worth doing, but the guy that told me this was drunk, and a better opinion would be nice

HSC
No idea about nuclear medicine, I know a few guys doing radiography though which is similar and they say its cool. I think it pays well too.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I agree that if you don't like physics, it's probably not the course for you. However, you could still pass. Most of the "physics" you'll learn will be easy to just memorise and regurgitate onto a page for exams.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Introductory anything is easy. Without reading the outlines for later courses and checking if they have any physics component, one first year physics course shouldn't put you off.

crestor

HSC
Ive spoken to a couple of people about this that work in radiography and they say that diagnostic radiography is the best option of the three at newcastle in terms of money, job availability and "funness" cant think of a better word but you get the point

rawker

HSC
i'm doing nuc med at newc. physics 1st year isn't hard, but 2nd year instrumentation is very difficult. i've found the anatomy and physiology aspects a lot harder though.
in the public system, radiography and nuc med is exactly the same
there are jobs, however you will more than likely have to move (from newc. anyway) to get work
it is very interesting, there are quite a few different types of scans with ton's of pathologies to look at
realistically, if you have little/no knowledge of either radiography and nuc med would be very similar in terms of difficulty and interest

em_516

bludging..
HSC
God it feels like I read this thread years ago but it was only created on the 3rd. This forum is so slooow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)