• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Nutrition and Dietetics In USYD (1 Viewer)

DiValdez

HSC
So basically if I get an atar of 85-90, I won't be able to get into Science/Master of Nutrition and Dietetics which is an atar 96.85

But it says

What if I don't get in? Are there other ways to study nutrition and dietetics?

If you're worried about your chances of gaining entry into this course, don't worry, you have other options for studying nutrition and dietetics. The Faculty of Science offers the Master of Nutrition and Dietetics as a standalone postgraduate course, which you can apply for after first completing an undergraduate course. In order to gain admission into a postgraduate course, you must first complete an undergraduate course, like the Bachelor of Science, and then apply for postgraduate study. You also need to satisfy certain admission requirements for the Master of Nutrition and Dietetics, like completing study in biochemistry and physiology in your undergraduate years.

is this definite ? or what? will bachelor of science or applied science (excercise and sport science) which is 88.75 allow me to gain entrance to nutrition and dietetics !?

cadd1ct

The Chess Addict
HSC
Uni Grad
Unfotunately, Bachelor of Applied Science will not give you the required pre-requisites to continue into the nutrition and dietetics course, which involves 2nd year biochemistry and physiology.

Basically, if you want to do postgrad nutrition and dietetics with applied science, the ONLY way to get in is via direct admission straight after HSC... but considering there are only roughly 10 spots in Applied Science/Nutrition&Dietetics and another 10 in Science/Nutrition&Dietetics, you are better off trying to do science and then transferring next year or applying for postgraduate.

If your ATAR doesn't make the cut-off, you can start a Bachelor of Science degree and do the required units for 1st year Science/Nutrition&Dietetics students, and then try to transfer to the Science/Nutrition&Dietetics degree the following year. Here is the handbook with specific http://sydney.edu.au/handbooks/scie.../b_science_m_nutrition_dietetics_sample.shtml

Alternatively, you can just complete your science degree and then simply apply for postgraduate Nutrition and Dietetics.

Whatever you do, enjoy your course and good luck!

cadd1ct

The Chess Addict
HSC
Uni Grad
Does UNSW offer a similar course? i was interested in this field.
No they don't I think they offer Exercise Physiology but not Nutrition and Dietetics.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)