• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

O-Week Events - What do you guys and girls want? (1 Viewer)

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Hi! I will be helping organise one of the events at O-Week this yr for the Student Guild. The theme will be the "Silly Olympics" and if you have any suggestions on how we could make this event the best ever, I would appreciate it if you could post on this thread or PM me personally with any ideas.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
olympics = sports

therefore, some great discounts on sport clubs or gym membership! =)

and perhaps we can have ian thorpe there so the girls can take pix with him. =) =)
*woah*

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
daiana said:
olympics = sports

therefore, some great discounts on sport clubs or gym membership! =)

and perhaps we can have ian thorpe there so the girls can take pix with him. =) =)
*woah*
errm... why would we want ian thorpe there??

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Organise a soccer or football match where everyone has to wear flippers :)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Im pretty good friends with the singer of a US band called Xiu Xiu (I lived with him for a couple of weeks). If you want, I can put some pressure on them to come to Australia to coincide with O-Week 2006. I cant speak for them yet, but Im sure theyd be pretty keen to play, especially since theyve got a new album out in June or so called "La Foret".

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Grobus said:
Im pretty good friends with the singer of a US band called Xiu Xiu (I lived with him for a couple of weeks). If you want, I can put some pressure on them to come to Australia to coincide with O-Week 2006. I cant speak for them yet, but Im sure theyd be pretty keen to play, especially since theyve got a new album out in June or so called "La Foret".
does anyone know who they evn are???

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Grobus said:
i think it would be good if they could participate, especially in the UNSW Band competition.

HSC
Grobus said:
oh wow, you know Jamie Stewart? that's really cool

going to UNSW just got better methinks
btw, nice avatar

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
mushroom_head said:
errm... why would we want ian thorpe there??
bc he has a mind and eloquence to match his good looks and he's also so young too- i find that original and he's strongly related to OLYMPICS (the Oweek theme)

um... i think this mite b a silly Q... but is it only 1st yr students who go to Oweek?

perhaps there can be some sort of treasure hunt. i mean you can forget about the campus tours. everyone will know the campus better by getting lost in it whilst finding goodies! =) either that, or something that we can get to know the campus better.

j4x0r

HSC
nah, i'm third year this year and i'll be going to oweek :D but err that's partly because i have a summer gened to do during oweek ;)

jang

is not my real name
HSC
§eraphim said:
Hi! I will be helping organise one of the events at O-Week this yr for the Student Guild. The theme will be the "Silly Olympics" and if you have any suggestions on how we could make this event the best ever, I would appreciate it if you could post on this thread or PM me personally with any ideas.
y didnt u think of something before naming the event?

B

Bambul

§eraphim said:
i was assigned this theme by the leader.
Yeah, the Student Guild isn't in charge of O-Week, the Union is. So the theme for O-Week is decided by the Union, not the Student Guild.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
karen.koltrane said:
oh wow, you know Jamie Stewart? that's really cool

going to UNSW just got better methinks
btw, nice avatar
LOl thanks. Im big on Joy Divison ;)

Ill get working on him to see if hell come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)