• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Offering Help for Anyone Doing EE2 before I Start Sem 2!! (1 Viewer)

MJRey

HSC
Hey guys!! :D

I know your major works are due Friday 23rd August, so I wanted to say I'll be around for two weeks before I go back to uni to help people out with their major works!

I received an E4 for my critical essay on irony in 2022 (for more details shoot me a dm!), so I am well acquainted with the requirements of the program. I also do tutoring part time and hope to offer proper private tutoring on here once I sort out my timetable and accounts etc.

But for now, I'm more than happy to read your essays, stories, critiques of the creative process etc FOR FREE, and I can also be a sounding board for any ideas or concerns you have! :cool:

synthesisFR

HSC

I know your major works are due Friday 23rd August, so I wanted to say I'll be around for two weeks before I go back to uni to help people out with their major works!

I received an E4 for my critical essay on irony in 2022 (for more details shoot me a dm!), so I am well acquainted with the requirements of the program. I also do tutoring part time and hope to offer proper private tutoring on here once I sort out my timetable and accounts etc.

But for now, I'm more than happy to read your essays, stories, critiques of the creative process etc FOR FREE, and I can also be a sounding board for any ideas or concerns you have! :cool:
one quesiton, since the hsc how have you upkept your english skills to be able to tutor others (as it is something i am considering)

MJRey

HSC
one quesiton, since the hsc how have you upkept your english skills to be able to tutor others (as it is something i am considering)
Good question! I review my notes from when I did the HSC, and I also read widely whenever I have free time. I also tutor in English for my part time job and try to stay up to date with the curriculum.

elliott07

🌙
HSC

she's a real one!!! thank you so much ♥

elliott07

🌙
HSC
Hey! I got a question for our Journals,

Things to put in the journal could include:
  • Drafts of the MW, preferably annotated
now one thing is I have quite a bit of drafts i'm not sure if they will take up a lot of space as my journal is already almost 70 pages long, do you know what is best for me to do here?

MJRey

HSC
I remember my major work journal was at least 100 pages (could have been more). I believe the more you have in your journal the better because just in case there are accusations of plagiarism/academic misconduct (I highly doubt there will be), they can look at your journal and see that you've actually done the work. There are also no page limits for the major work journals so there should be no issues with including all your drafts.

Hope that helps! :cool:

elliott07

🌙
HSC
I remember my major work journal was at least 100 pages (could have been more). I believe the more you have in your journal the better because just in case there are accusations of plagiarism/academic misconduct (I highly doubt there will be), they can look at your journal and see that you've actually done the work. There are also no page limits for the major work journals so there should be no issues with including all your drafts.

Hope that helps! :cool:
great!! will do, thanks!

MJRey

HSC
Out of curiosity is my final submission digital or handed in?
Pretty sure it's digital. I remember my teacher had to scan copies of everything I'd done in my journal to give over to NESA.

funny123

HSC

Sorry, I don't know if I'm too late but I was wondering if you could please review my critical response and/or my concept? I was also wondering in terms of a critical response if context is necessary for my analysis of form, structural features and characters should I explain the context b4 or should I integrate it with analysis? Last question, I was wondering about the structure for the critical response because the exemplars I have read in the showcase are very experimental and conversational in tone w/ lots of personal of voice, but mine reads like an essay so I'm wondering if that's okay.

Last edited:

MJRey

HSC
Sorry, I don't know if I'm too late but I was wondering if you could please review my critical response and/or my concept? I was also wondering in terms of a critical response if context is necessary for my analysis of form, structural features and characters should I explain the context b4 or should I integrate it with analysis? Last question, I was wondering about the structure for the critical response because the exemplars I have read in the showcase are very experimental and conversational in tone w/ lots of personal of voice, but mine reads like an essay so I'm wondering if that's okay.
Sure I can! Shoot me a dm and I'll be more than happy to help! Integrating context with your analysis allows your essay to flow more naturally and not sound as robotic in my opinion. Mine was structured somewhat more like an essay and I still received an E4. There is no wrong or right way to write your essay so long as you argue your points well and engage with an intriguing and unique literary topic. If you'd like to read my essay please let me know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)