• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Parle moi da toi meme... (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I was just wondering, for the speaking exam for the HSC if the examiner says something like "Parle moi da toi meme?" or "Tu t'appelle comment?" can u answer with ur name etc...because my english teacher was saying that in english examns you shouldnt put any personal details in e.g a letter coz bias or some crap?

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I can't see how it would affect you in an HSC languages exam. English maybe- with your teachers etc, but in the Oral nah....

I hate teacher bias. :mad:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i doubt theyd ask that, ive listened to a lot of standards package responses and they have neva asked for names, i dont think its allowed.

chepas

HSC
If they ask that (which I doubt as well) question, I'd just throw it back at them and ask them what theirname is!

Because then there goes the anonyminity. (sp?)

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
....Anonymity.;)

My teacher mentioned to me today that we should try to be 'proactive' during the speaking and ask the examiners questions such as "Comment allez-vous aujourd'hui?" - stuff like that which shows you're at ease with the conversation format ... (something like that...I forget her exact words)

Meh.

chepas

HSC
Lol... Who cares about how they're feeling, they're probably just thinking of other things rather than doing exams on a weekend!

Apparently we shouldn't really say how we are, and if we are feeling nervous, don't say it, because then if we seem nervous on the tape it just confirms it.

malkin86

HSC
I've been told that we should not give our suburb out - just the general area, cos some people got marked down or up due to bias.

Theyll ask us if we know any of the examiners..

Apparently they'll sit us down for a few minutes in English just to calm us down, and they'll ask if we'd prefer to be tu-ed or vous-ed.

omg_a

HSC
i think we're not meant to say more than our first name, and not where we live........not because there will necessarily be any 'bias' effect, but just because it's protocol. ie mon quartier instead of your actual suburb name, and definitely not your school name. Though i doubt you will actually lose/gain marks if you forget.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
you never know a...they might say "oh dear her name is alison better take ten points off cos i hate that name..."

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
welshi said:
you never know a...they might say "oh dear her name is alison better take ten points off cos i hate that name..."

LOL... Yeah and then if your name happens to be 'Jean-Pierre' or 'Guilliame', add 10 marks :D

chepas

HSC
HAHA^ In my German exam I felt compelled to say a name (beginners situations thingos) so I thought of some hopelessly German name that couldn't possibly be my name, like Fritz or Dieter or Wolfgang or something....

Il nous reste que 12 heures! En fait, moins de 12 heures!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)