• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Perfect mouse pad? (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I'm currently using the cardboard from the back of one of those note pads stuck with blutack to my table.

It seems to work very well. Optical mice track well on it. The slightly rough surface cleans the bottom of the mouse.

anyone else got ideas for a cheap mouse pad?

I've tried plastic covers for this purpose, but I find gunk collects on the bottom of the mouse since the plastic doesn't absorb the gunk.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I fold an A4 paper over & around a normal mouse pad, the optical mouse seems to like paper a lot.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I just have my mouse on my desk. It's an optical one, works really well.
I find that marks the desk with gunk very quickly...

@ anti hyper, but then the mouse pad isn't flat and gets in the way. I guess it depends how organised your desk is, lol

iamsickofyear12

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
I find that marks the desk with gunk very quickly...

@ anti hyper, but then the mouse pad isn't flat and gets in the way. I guess it depends how organised your desk is, lol
My desk is really clean so it's really not pushing dirt around. And on my desk upstairs I have one of those slide out things for the keyboard and mouse so it's ok with that aswell.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
It doesn't put gunk on my desk.. but every month I have to re-assemble a new A4 paper since sometimes the traces of sweat from my wrist would weaken the paper. Often cases the paper just gets thinner and thinner at the wrist area. These and in addition of gaming destroys the paper.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
I've used an overhead projector sheet before.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
people still use mouse pads?

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Corrugated iron works pretty well. You can find it at any junkyard and the harsh surface will prevent any gunk from building up on the bottom of the mouse. The laser will still be read too :D

fatmuscle

HSC
investing in a $25 BORED OF STUDIES MOUSEPAD seems like a good idea!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I got a mouse for my laptop because I am much faster using a mouse than a touchpad.

santaslayer

HSC
An empty tissue box. Disassemble it so it turns into a net for a rectangular prism. (What the tissue box's shape was before diassembling it). Cut it in half and you can use it twice. If I don't cut it in half, it gets too big for my desk anyways.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
melsc said:
Ditto...my optical wont work on mouse pads of anykind...it is content with the wood on my computer desk
really? my wireless optical won't work on any shiny or reflective surfaces, which includes the polished wood of the desk. so i've given up with the mouse, it runs out of batteries too quickly anyway, i just use the little trackpoint, cos i'm on my laptop.

HSC
i got a flat surface, don't need a mousepad. optical mice work at their best on completely clean and flat surfaces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)