• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Physiotherapy Textbooks (1 Viewer)

glass

HSC
Are the textbooks we buy used for semester 1 only or for the whole of 1st year? And is the 'psychology and life' and 'designing health research' textbooks worth buying or a total waste of money? Btw, i've bought all the other textbooks already... very costly man =[

Skeeta

HSC
I'm not in physio and i didnt buy the textbook for DHR

If you're trying to keep costs down, buy the "staples"
for you it is probably anatomy textbooks.

I generally dont buy the textbooks for BACH subjects, unless it is challenging, oor if it is a set text for a few subjects that i have to do.

Skeeta

HSC
no i mean the staple textbooks you KNOW you will use into your career. Think about what you will be doing when you're in the workplace, and whether you will realistically need to use a textbook about designing health research.

For me, (doing speech pathology) it is mostly the language textbooks, and those that are SPECIFIC to what i may do in the workplace

ie) stuttering/head&neck anatomy/articulation/motor speech disorders

glass

HSC
OHHH i get u now!
Thanks xD

btw, do ppl usually need to buy textbooks all over again in semester 2?

fearless86

HSC
greetings 1st year physio- welcome to the fold.

in 1st year we didnt didnt need to buy extra textbooks between 1st semester and 2nd semester. except you'll need a biomechanics B textbook but its only $15 or something.

in 2nd year- 1st semester was awesome and we barely needed any textbooks (note to any 2nd years- i have abnormal psych, EBP and Communicating in the health sciences if u want them cheap)
2nd semester of 2nd year- things actually got serious and we needed to buy at least 4.

i'd advise against DHR textbook. and i'd stronly advise against devoting any more than 5-10% of your study time for DHR. wouldnt worry about psych textbook either- the exam is like that song by radiohead 'no surprises'. very straightforward if you've been to lectures.
'Staples' as skeeta put it, for physio would be Seeley and Palastanga and your Michael Lee Biomechanics book. And an anatomy atlas or an anatomy colouring book might also be useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)