• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Please help me with uni decision! (1 Viewer)

Venus

HSC
N/A
Hey, It's coming close to the point where I have to decide what uni course, or what I should do after school. So I am asking if any of you could give me some advice, I'd really appreciate it.

I am interested in

Psychology - I love NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming), Hypnosis, Psycho-analysis, Dating dynamics, group dynamics etc. I am good at solving problems, and understanding why things happen.

Film - I love making/editing films. I would probably be best at doing special effects .. or directing... not 100% sure.. But I dont know how competitive it is, or how lucrative it would be...

IT/computers- I enjoy graphic design, and don't mind long hours on a computer. I enjoy being able to look at a finished product and see what I have done. Maybe this could lead me in to website design or something.. I don't really know... Do you guys have any suggestions? Also I love gaming, I have the ideas to create games - I wouldn't mind maybe learning programming, or designing games.. I don't know what courses and UAI i'd need so yea.. any advice?

My subjects i've done

Prelim

Software Design (Online.. it was a bitch so i dropped it) 2U
Visual Arts 2U
Physics 2U
English Adv 2U
Maths 2U
Maths Ext 1U (Too time consuming.. so I dropped it)
Religion 1U
Business Studies 2U
Total: 14 Units

HSC

Visual Arts 2U (Did a short film as my major work)
Physics 2U
English Advance 2U
Maths 2U
Religion 1U
Business 2U
Total: 11 Units

I have been a bludger this year, and don't expect a UAI above 85.

Macquarie Uni is closest to me, and would be easiest to get to. That would be my first preference.

Could anyone suggest any courses that would suit me? At Uni.. or maybe film schools?

I'm completely lost because I never really got to speak to my careers teacher.. so yea I'd appreciate anything you have to say, as long as it's helpful.

Thanks in advance.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well this is your future so ultimately only you can decide what you want to do with yourself.
for the psychology and film i think theres courses available at macquarie, but for IT courses theres UTS which is very good for IT, UNSW, USYD and UWS.
if you wanna study drama then i suggest you apply for NIDA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)