• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Please Help (1 Viewer)

azn 2245

HSC
Ok, so this is the situation.

For the past 2 years my physics teacher "hasnt been much of a teacher". He knows everything well and can answer all questions after class, I just wish he would teach us properly DURING class. He hasnt taken my class seriously. He was always joking around and didnt teach the syllabus properly. He never set us homework, he hardly told us to write stuff in our exercise books, he hardly ever wrote anything on the board for us to copy, but just regularly handed out sheets for us to look at.

I decided to sumarise the text book and now I'm doing past papers for physics . All my answers are completely fucking different to the suggested answers in the past paper book. I have been getting shit results for physics exams and I really dont want to fuck up in the HSC.

What should I do? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

The-Exiled

HSC
I have the same problem... My physics teacher fails...

I think they might have learnt to teach at the place or something... lol

I've been using HSC online and other websites to ATTEMPT to learn something, if anything. You're just gonna have to study and try and learn the whole course, as will I...

It's lame... really lame

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
My Physics teacher is crap as well. It seems like that most Physics teachers are crap.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Don't blame your teacher. It's inevitable that you have a teacher that doesn't motivate you, but regardless you should be the one reading over topics and asking him every lesson if you're not sure.

I have a Physics teacher who is at times, literally clueless about Physics.

The other Physics class on the other hand has a very experienced teacher, in terms of he knows everything and teaches everything well. But he takes are more relaxed approach to Physics and doesn't care if anyone doesn't listen or doesn't do jack. Those who actually listen to him obviously will do well.

But to sum it up, I came 2nd in the year for Physics due to self study and revising everything on my own and doing lots of questions, even though I have an English/British teacher who doesn't know the difference between his elbow and backside.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Soudns exactly like my teamer. What school do you go to?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
OP: It's taken you two years to do something about it?

miche11e

HSC
heh i have the same problem, but before trials, we were all talking about how we still didnt have too much of a clue, so i organised everyone to take a dotpoint of the syllabus and write notes on it then we put it all together and now its like a complete summary. I'd post it up, but im not sure if they'll liek it.

HSC
N/A
ha ive got the same problem, shit physics teacher

my solution: drop physics

azn 2245

HSC
henry08 said:
Soudns exactly like my teamer. What school do you go to?
SJC

BTW my physics teacher is a really nice guy, he will answer what ever question you have, its just i wish he would teach us properly in the class so we wouldnt have to ask him so many things after class.

He always talked about how physics used to be all about maths and stuff but when the sylabus changed in 1998 or something he was dissapointed he believes that we are getting everything handed to us so and now its like he has lost the motivation in teaching physics. Kind of hard to explain but yeah.....

azn 2245

HSC
jm01 said:
Don't blame your teacher. It's inevitable that you have a teacher that doesn't motivate you, but regardless you should be the one reading over topics and asking him every lesson if you're not sure.

I have a Physics teacher who is at times, literally clueless about Physics.

The other Physics class on the other hand has a very experienced teacher, in terms of he knows everything and teaches everything well. But he takes are more relaxed approach to Physics and doesn't care if anyone doesn't listen or doesn't do jack. Those who actually listen to him obviously will do well.

But to sum it up, I came 2nd in the year for Physics due to self study and revising everything on my own and doing lots of questions, even though I have an English/British teacher who doesn't know the difference between his elbow and backside.
Yeah, there are a few people in my class who always did nothing and especially one guy who always wasted time. he was an attention whore. I think because of him the teacher didnt bother teaching properly but there were still people who actually wanted to learn stuff like me.

Well, im doing lots of past papers, im going to try and finish 2001-2007 hsc papers. I've also done notes, so hopefully that will help.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
azn ur problem was ur summarized the text book instead of using the text book and other sources to make notes form syllabus. Seriously never use text book for main notes what u should do is GET A COPY SYLLABUS AND MADE NOTES FOR EACH DOT POINT USING INFO FROM UR TEXT BOOK WHERE IT IS USEFUL that way u would know everything thats what i did.
But since its to late to write these notes the only thing u can do is probably find notes in the resources on this site and read over them and hope u can remember it all

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
dot point summaries help
have had 3 different physics teachers. all equally hopeless. one wasnt even a qualified physics teacher, just a sub, and we had him for a year.
The one i had this year hardly even knows when we enter the room. Or talk to him.
We did the ymca dance for a whole double period without him even noticing
Physics teachers really do suck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)