• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Post HSC exam depression (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Does anyone feel this way?

I am not talking about thinking doing badly in just one exam

but like, you feel that you have ruined everything in your life, your UAI and stuff.

I don't know, I just feel really really depressed. It's so strange. it's as if, I have ruined everything that I have built from Year 7 to 11 in Year 12. in another word, feeling underachieved. :(

I am not so looking forward to getting the results back. It would be great if I get the marks that I want. but I just feel that it won't happen.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Actually, the reason you are depressed is that suddenly, everything you worked towards for two years is now over. No more pressure, no more study, no more HSC. To compensate for these lost feelings your brain is telling you that you didn't try hard enough or do well enough or whatever. Try and find something to occupy your time now. Get a job and work your arse off over the holidays, or go to the gym everyday or something. Don't let it get you down, everyone will experience it to some degree.

is a roflcopter
HSC
hmm.....dont know the feeling just yet

i have fucked my exams up so far but all i can see is the light at the end of the tunnel growing bigger, i hope you can share my naivety too :p

hsc isnt really life
life is alcohol, geeky computer games and movie marathons :)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Actually, the reason you are depressed is that suddenly, everything you worked towards for two years is now over. No more pressure, no more study, no more HSC. To compensate for these lost feelings your brain is telling you that you didn't try hard enough or do well enough or whatever. Try and find something to occupy your time now. Get a job and work your arse off over the holidays, or go to the gym everyday or something. Don't let it get you down, everyone will experience it to some degree.
You sure? but my exams are not over yet. I just feel like no matter how well I will do in my next final two exams. It wouldn't be helpful coz I have already ruined them ranking wise.

so stupid of me to do that in the year :(

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
Dwelling on it won't really solve anything. I think what you do in preparation of your last exams will make a difference. Every little bit helps. But I do need some motivation myself..

I think Ms 12 is right in consideration of taking some time to distract yourself. I think analysing it too much will just make you feel worse.

What kind of courses are you interested in? I'm sure there are always other alternatives in getting to do what you want.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Don't let yourself stress. I went into a similar mode before my modern history exam, was sure that I was gonna stuff it up and went searching through the UAC guide for courses with the lowest UAIs cos I thought it was the end. But Ive calmed down now. HSC exam marks usually suprise people who think they did really badly, so don't worry. Just do your best in the next two exams and see where things take you on results day.
Stressing is counterproductive, concentrate on the task at hand...

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by kokeshi

What kind of courses are you interested in? I'm sure there are always other alternatives in getting to do what you want.
i dunno what I want. That's the problem. I put down commerce. not sure if it is my thing. i don't even know what I wanna do in uni.

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
you can always transfer. about 40% of uni students drop their courses or transfer.

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
i dunno what I want. That's the problem. I put down commerce. not sure if it is my thing. i don't even know what I wanna do in uni.
did you put down commerce liberal studies? since thats close to your target of 98 and alll

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
look hsc is really not what it is hyped up to be...i mean there r many ways to get into the courses u want these days, compared to bfore. and oh yeah read my sig. ;)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
did you put down commerce liberal studies? since thats close to your target of 98 and alll
Yes i did. also international studies

and commerce/art

is a roflcopter
HSC
ahh lol
me and you have the same prefs :p

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
ahh lol
me and you have the same prefs :p
did you put down Media and Communication too?

I also like the Business Admin and Jap Studies at Macquarie

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l don't think l'll get depressed, or even commit suiside but l would get upset if l didn't get the mark l wanted. I try and think positive all the time.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
l don't think l'll get depressed, or even commit suiside but l would get upset if l didn't get the mark l wanted. I try and think positive all the time.

yeah, whats the point of commiting suicide over ya hsc marks? :rolleyes:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
not to the point of being suicidal, but just feel strange. like one moment happy the other moment feel extremely sad

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l think l would feel lonely, and lost after year 12. Leaving all of my friends, not having to study or do school work would just make me feel lonely and bored.

mememe

I know what you mean. I've sat over half of my exams, and i feel so guilty, like i could've have done SO much better and i wasted my potential. and it makes it even harder to study for the rest, because of a stupid "what's the point" attitude. I know it's a silly feeling to have, but you can't help it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)