• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Prediction (1 Viewer)

Pink Fairy Flos

HSC
Hey I was wondering if anyone could take a guess in what my UAI will be.
My school is not in the top 100.

English Advanced- 93 2/85
English Ext 1- 47/50- 1/26
Ancient History- 96- 1/39
Modern History- 92- 2/27
Visual Arts- 98 1/43
2 Unit Maths- 89 3/84

gosh

wow, impressive set of marks.
I'd say you're looking at a UAI of around about 98-99

Pink Fairy Flos

HSC
Thankyou for all your replies. I am aiming to get at least 97. I am trying to get maths over 90!!!

X

xeuyrawp

velox said:
Err wtf u guys smoking. All those subjects scale poorly or average.

UAI Estimate : 90+
Come back when you know how scaling works.

I did similar subjects, with marks probable an average of no more than +1 mark to yours, and I got 97+ UAI :)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Err i know more than you PwarYuex. The school isn't even in the top 100 which means that there is little chance of getting one person over 99 each year.

And yes similar subjects......

" 3U Japanese, 4U English, 3U (Ancient) History, and DT." With 4 extension units, the scaling of your subjects was much better than Pink Fairy Floss' subjects. And with no indication of what school she attends you can't make an informed judgement on what uai they are looking at currently. Better to predict lower than higher.

X

xeuyrawp

velox said:
Err i know more than you PwarYuex. The school isn't even in the top 100 which means that there is little chance of getting one person over 99 each year.

And yes similar subjects......

" 3U Japanese, 4U English, 3U (Ancient) History, and DT." With 4 extension units, the scaling of your subjects was much better than Pink Fairy Floss' subjects. And with no indication of what school she attends you can't make an informed judgement on what uai they are looking at currently. Better to predict lower than higher.
Generally not a good idea to start a post with "I know more than you", because you sound like a stuck up bitch/dick, depending if you're a boy or girl. Especially coming from a 16 year old.

My school was ranked 80 something, from memory. We got 2 UAIs of 100 in the past 3 years, in my year there were 10 people with a UAI over 99

Her relatively big class sizes allude to the fact that her school won't do shit.

DT is one of the worst scalling subjects, as is Ancient. Modern isn't, nor is art, math, english and ext english if you get in the top band, which that person's looking at. I would bet 100$ that s/he will get 95+.

edit: ack, sorry, fucked up a number.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)