• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

priority schools (1 Viewer)

raceryt

HSC
hey does anybody go to a priority school?
cause there are bonus points to be collected at the end of hsc

raceryt

HSC
waht school do you go to??
cause my careeers advisor keeps talking aboutl the bonus points and how we should stay at the school.
are you going to use the bonus points?

Thecorey0

HSC
waht school do you go to??
cause my careeers advisor keeps talking aboutl the bonus points and how we should stay at the school.
are you going to use the bonus points?
Well I go to Wellington High School. You don't choose whether you use the points or not, you just automatically get considered under the EAS system without having to fill out any forms. And whether or not you stay at the school should not be based upon how many bonus points you are eligible for, but the school itself, and what it offers.

Also, each university has their own bonus point programs. For example if you live outside of Sydney, you get 5 points straight away at CSU, at Wollongong, I think it is 3 points.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
so even if you goto a PSP school you may not be eligible for the points?
if so, what is the criteria?
o man
thats bad

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
No idea about criteria, but i know for some unis students at my school get bonus points because of our location :)

Thecorey0

HSC
so even if you goto a PSP school you may not be eligible for the points?
if so, what is the criteria?
o man
thats bad
Through the EAS system, you automatically get considered if you go to a psp school. However you never find out how many points you are entitled to under it. My guess is - the crapper your school, the more points for you. The systems for specific universities depend upon the location of the school - not whether it is psp or not. I.e. CSU gives them for rural students, UWS gives them for Western sydney students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)