• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Prize-giving/speech/presentation nights (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

I don't either. But my Maths teacher was thinking about it (she's one of the organisers this year), and Maths teachers don't like books. :p

Stupid idea. What are we going to use an ugly medal for?

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Mine is next week! Get to see people from my grade again! Shall be fun. I think its from 7.30-9.00 or 9.30 -- i know its pretty short and sweet -- unlike graduation where our year advisers just shitted and shitted and shitted on. There's Year 11 and Year 12 awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rds, and all the special awards for school contribution, sporting -- last 2 years i got debater of the year, etc. It's a great night for recognising everything everyone has done. I'm getting awards for coming first in 4 subjects and found out I will be receiving the award for Dux! YAY! Those who came first get gold medals - 2nd silver - 3rd bronze -- there's different prizes for everything else though I'm sure.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
haha every year we have a gay guy present the 'world of fitness' awards, and since we go to a boys school and he runs the gym, it means the winner was being checked out by him all year.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
yeh it was really funny when he presented the award one year to a gay guy...otherwise people just hope they dont get the queer handshake from him...

alien

HSC
we had our on our graduation dinner... it was ok. normally we get borders book vouchers as prizes but this year we didn't get anything =(

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
We had our presentation day yesterday and i got 3 $15 dymocks book vouchers. It's so unfair! Seems like every other school gets at least $25 book vouchers. Argh! Tightass school!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
We get certificates for topping subjects. Most other things have a prize (bar sport ones). So far I've just recieved $50 from it, but it wasn't a book voucher or something so Im happy.

elisabeth

HSC
mushroom_head said:
We had our presentation day yesterday and i got 3 $15 dymocks book vouchers. It's so unfair! Seems like every other school gets at least $25 book vouchers. Argh! Tightass school!
You don't get ANYTHING for topping a subject at my school. I wouldn't complain about getting $45...

Plebeian

We have just one speech night, in March so that Year 12 prizes can be given out based on HSC results. They give out lots of different prizes ... first in subject is a $25 book voucher (or was in earlier years, they might bump it up in Year 12, not sure) .. first in year is a $30 book voucher plus usually something extra ... first in year is usually some sort of award 'sponsored' by one university or another so you get various things ranging from more book vouchers to cash :) You get a certificate for these things but unless it's first in year it's nothing to write home about, not A4 even ... There are other special awards too which have trophies and such. Overall our school is pretty generous which is great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)