• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Projectile Motion and Calculus (1 Viewer)

untouchablecuz

HSC
Am I allowed to use calculus with physics projectile motion questions? I find it much easier to use calculus.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Am I allowed to use calculus with physics projectile motion questions? I find it much easier to use calculus.
I am sure there was some regulation that allows students to use any methods that is more advanced than the syllabus in their working out, so yes, you can. But I strongly suggest you use the method your teacher has instructed at that level.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No idea why you'd wanna use 3U Projectile in Phys because it's harder, but there's been about 5 threads on this before, and they've all come to the consensus that you can.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
lol go ahead, but in maths you actually derive the equati0ons that THYE GIVE YOU in the HSC Physics data sheet. It's no doubt easier to use the (4?) equations they give you, an dthat's all you need to know. But, go ahead and use calculus if you want, IMO you would simply be wasting time...if u understand MX1 projectile motion, HSC Physics projectile motions should be very easy....

untouchablecuz

HSC
I find it much more logical, especially when doing unfamiliar questions. But with that in mind, I guess i'll use the equations given.

Last edited:

gabgab

HSC
you are allowed to use maths methods in physics for working out projectile motion problems, but as my physics teacher said "maths is too uptight to let anyone use physics equations to work projectile motion questions in their subject"

so there you go. you can, if you want to. but not the other way around

mmhm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)