• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PSYC2061 and PSYC2081 (1 Viewer)

beverly

HSC
N/A
Just a few questions regarding the two courses before i choose to do either or both :)

I'm mainly looking for info from those who took these courses in S1 2006 as to:

- How each are divided up (eg. for PSYC2061 is Social first or Developmental first?)
- What sort of assessments are involved in both - midsessions? (if so roughly when), assignments? (how many, and how frequent- regularly spaced out through semester? just at the end?)
- What sort of work is involved during the 2 hour labs both courses have?

Links to course outlines would be awesome too :)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
PSYC2061 last sem was as follows:

Social first. Developmental second.

In terms of assessments, it was relatively non stressful. It's just one assignment for the social part, and one assignment for the developmental part, both weighing 20% of the assessment total. So the final is worth 60%. There are no midsessions.

The labs to be honest weren't great, they were mostly us doing experiments and gathering data, feels like being a labrat.

For PSYC2081:
It's a bit blurry since I did this a while ago, but there was a 25% written assignment. There is also a 10% class test, and I can't remember the rest. The exam was mostly multiple choice.

beverly

HSC
N/A
thanks so much for replying! it was really helpful but i inevitably want to know more now :p

in terms of the social and developmental assignments im assuming each was due at the end of respective modules (so social around midway and developmental at the end of the semester?). were they heavy research reports or mostly essay style assignments?

you wouldnt still have the course outline on file would you? and would you be able to email it to me?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Fortunately I have the PSYC2061 course outline on my computer, but I don't have for 2081.

You can find it attached here. Hope it helps.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
WOW that comes in handy! I'm not sure if UNSW accepts me yet, but its my first preference right now. I need to wait 10 more days until I know...bu that course outline looks very cool!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)