• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question about Education Courses at Sydney Uni (1 Viewer)

AndyPants1989

HSC
Does Sydney Uni have any 4 year courses that could qualify me to become an English / History teacher? From my limited research I believe the shortest possible course is a three year Bachelor of Arts followed by an eighteen month Bachelor of Education. Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong? Why does UNSW and UWS seem to each have a four year Bachelor of Arts / Teaching course and Sydney Uni doesn't? Is there some way to get the course finished in a shorter period of time? Sorry for my ignorance here, it's been a long time since I graduated HS and last thought about uni.

Whilst I'm here, what the fuck is this ATAR thing all about?

izzy88

HSC
I don't think so- it offers a combined bachelor of arts and education, but that's five years. So the masters route seems the quickest for USYD.

However, you could always do a three year bachelor of arts at USYD (if that's where you want to go) and major in history and english. Then you could do a Diploma of Education at another university, for example, Maquarie still offers the DipEd, which is a one year education qualification for secondary teaching.

The ATAR is the new name for the UAI. There's a conversion table somewhere on this site that lists every UAI and the corresponding ATAR score, you can probably just google it. It doesn't affect anything really though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)