• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question relating hsc bonus marks on music exams (1 Viewer)

Deezee3

HSC
Im new..so not sure if i posted this in the correct section...

For those who know about the AMEB.....i recently finished my 8th grade exam and just starting A-mus for piano.

I heard from a friend that completing the highest level AMEB exam can give who bonus hsc marks.

If i were to complete L-mus (highest level) piano AMEB exam and receive my award for it.....will it give bonus points to hsc subject marks? particularly music 1&2?

HSC
It depends all on the university that you are applying for. There is no hard-fast rule about music exams: e.g. Get L-Mus get 2 extra, A-Mus, 1 extra. You must contact all the relevant universities to find out what bonus points they offer and how many. For example, UNSW has a document outlining its offered bonus points for extra curricular activities like music, and gives those points accordingly. Other unis will do the same, but I know for a fact that USyd does not offer bonus points for extra curriculars (because I want to go there and have asked around for information - syd is ruthless!).

So you must look for what unis you are going to go to and then how many bonus points, if any, they offer. I must say, AMus and LMus are huge commitments during Yr11 and 12. If you are in yr10 now I'd suggest you work very hard on your Amus and get it...LMus would be...near impossible - I think - for a high schooler (coming from 8th grade background).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)