• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question. (1 Viewer)

Pilgrim

HSC
I was going to try to get into law, but i knew i wouldnt have a high enough uai, so i was going to do something like bridging courses or things like that, but it was too complicated and I was too unsure about the possibility of getting in, so I was just wondering, if:

I did another uni course now, and after three - 4 years, try to get into law another way, is it possible? And how should I go about doing it?

Cheers for any answers.

CandE

HSC
I think if you do well at another course you can change to law. But you have to do really well in it.

phrred

HSC
if u want to do it that bad perhaps choose a law school with lower cut offs eg UWS 85 UNE 76?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
maybe just do the best you can in the hsc...get maybe 95+ and work your butt off during first year uni and that way hope to get a transfer using your uai and 1st year tertiary results
if not then mayb post grad or like phrred said do law at other unis where cut offs are lower

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
If you want to do law, the options (to my knowledge) are:
  1. You get a sufficient UAI to do undergraduate law - which ranges from mid 70s at UNE to 99.6 or so at USYD. (This could be lowered through full fee places as well)
  2. You get into university, but not law and proceed to transfer into law at the end of your first year.
  3. You get into university, but not law, and you don't make the transfer into law. Apply for graduate law at the end of your bachelor.
  4. You don't get into university at all - apply for a Diploma of Law which can accredit you to be a lawyer or you can also transfer out of it into a Bachelor of Law.

There are also other university specific schemes that improve your chances of entry and so forth that you should read up on in the Alternative Entry sticky if you're really interested.

karoooh

HSC
I know of someone who did a B Sc at UNSW first year, and got into UNSW Law 2nd year with a credit average. It might've changed since then though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)