• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ranking?? (1 Viewer)

TeenageTragedyx

HSC
When you get to year 11 and 12. Do they start to show what are you ranked in your class?? (or even all throughout highschool.)

Eg: 2nd out of 20 students. Because a family member of mine who went to sydney grammer got the report with what they are ranked in the class (and this was in his report card from all his years in highschool).

But my school is non-selective so would they eventually tell me my rank in the class somewhere or would the school you go to not matter

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
My school is displaing ranks on our reports this year... im not sure about other schools though.

maths94

HSC
When you get to year 11 and 12. Do they start to show what are you ranked in your class?? (or even all throughout highschool.)

Eg: 2nd out of 20 students. Because a family member of mine who went to sydney grammer got the report with what they are ranked in the class (and this was in his report card from all his years in highschool).

But my school is non-selective so would they eventually tell me my rank in the class somewhere or would the school you go to not matter
lol change your atar aim you cant get 100percent, its 99.95 ATAR,

mirakon

nigga
HSC
School displays ranks for Years 10, 11 and 12.

TeenageTragedyx

HSC
School displays ranks for Years 10, 11 and 12.
oh, and how would you generally find out?? report? interviews? etc.:uhoh:
I need to know where I stand :rolleyes:

lol change your atar aim you cant get 100percent, its 99.95 ATAR,
lol, i just found out today the same thing. (im really slow.. lol) How come it has changed??:speechless:

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Mine's been giving us ranks in reports since year7 =\

mioumiou

HSC

lol, i just found out today the same thing. (im really slow.. lol) How come it has changed??:speechless:
For our school, our maths teachers will show us our ranking since year 7, for the rest of the subjects, the teachers will tell you your ranks in the parents-teachers interview or you have to chase the teachers to get your rankings.

carmot

HSC
My school gives rankings for every subject. Except I think they're changing the report structure so there won't be rankings, but instead a box and whisker plot to show where you are. You'll probably need to ask your teachers for your rank, or at least where your marks lie within the class.

mioumiou

HSC
We have no idea mate..... the government/ the department of education wants to change them.... :uhhuh:

I think they're basically the same, only changed the name and the highest score becomes 99.95 not 100. But IMO, I would prefer UAI cuz it sound nicer. LOL :lol:

zxreth

HSC
my school is non-selective and we have ranks for all subjects. and the ranks are year ranks. i.e. your place out of all the students in your year.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

I got my ranks via semesterly reports.

HSC
My shcool doesn't publish ranks to the students - I have to fight hard to get my ranks, and even then its like a private meeting with the head teacher ...

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A

My school shows ranking on all your reports, when you get in year 10 you can start teachers after assessments for your ranking and in y11/12 depending on the department, its shown with student numbers instead of names on that departments notice board

Last edited:

Sammy2011

HSC
My school is a public school, and we are shown our ranks in half yearly and yearly reports for each subject. Also, we can find out our current rank within a subject by asking at any time.

Holly M

HSC
I think it varies school to school, but i would assume a vast majority would tell you a ranking at some point, whether it be on reports or more often etc.
For example my maths teacher likes to tell us out class ranking after each assessment (so far at least), but i don't think that will happen for other subjects. I will probably get ranking for most subejcts (if not all) on reports, as i'm almost positive we get ranked. I just go to a simple public school, so it doesn't matter if it is selective or private etc, just varies. Ask your teachers. It can be a lot harder to rank someone in some subjects than in others, so maybe you will only get ranked for some. Ok now i'm just guessing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)