• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

redeeming from a big hit in my ranks (1 Viewer)

retard123

HSC
im usually pretty good in this one particular subject (maths) but this test i really screwed it up and its gonna move my rank down by approx ~10 which is very very bad. I need to get top 2 in my grade to have a chance to get 97+ in maths but in order for me to catch up it would require me to beat the person that is 2nd right now by around 12% in the trials or 20% in the next assessment task (clearly impossible for the latter as no one loses marks in maths in my school). so the question in: IF I WORK MY ASS OFF FROM TODAY ONWARDS FOR MATHS, DO I HAVE A CHANCE TO REACH 1st OR MB 2nd AGAIN?

bongoli

HSC
yeah dude you've got trials, chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill out dude

lavender1001

HSC
Though I admire your enthusiasm and determination, the goal of getting the best marks that you can possibly get should not be fueled by your drive to beat your peers. Rather, you should focus on yourself and try to put in as much effort as you can. If you do your best, what more is there?
To improve your maths skills though, I recommend doing a lot, and I mean A LOT of practice papers so you will be prepared and ready for anything. My luck goes out to you, oh, troubled one. :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: D94

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)