• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Remus mufflers (1 Viewer)

Shimian

HSC
Looking to get remus mufflers on my civic 06 sport. Anyone using this muffler? I hear many people using Xforce or Magnaflows but apparently they dont last very long. Remus seems to be the way but is usually 2-3 times the price. Any thoughts?

thanks

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Someone did it on the Ozhonda forums from memory... they linked to another website with photos from the install and a sound clip.

I personally haven't used a Remus muffler before.

gna

HSC
Stick with Fujitsubo/Spoon/Mugen

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
For Civic FD... the Mugen one is the one specifically designed for it; but I know a few ppl from the forums with Fujitsubo on... only heard of one person with Remus though.

Shimian

HSC
Im only going with remus cos all my mates recommend it. Theyve been using it for over 4 years on their cars and its still a shiny chrome, not burnt yet. Im waiting for the specific remus muffler for my model car as the universal one is no good acording to many muffler dealers.
As for Mugen, where in Australia/Melbourne can you buy it? I think some guy from Ozhonda is selling one but I need to see some more pics and a sound file would be helpful. Another thing would be helpful are comments from owners. Kinda hard to find so i guess ill stick with Remus

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry don't have any useful info for you, but if you wanna hear how they sound... check out the Singaporean/Malaysian forums. Alot of ppl installed the Mugen and Fujitsubo ones.

I know some ppl who bought the Mugen kit off JDM Concept; but noone I know has bought the Silencer exhaust yet.

There is a long thread about the Remus muffler install on an FD2 somewhere on OH... go search for it- the guy posted about why the other mufflers/catbacks weren't suitable.

Shimian

HSC
LOL reviving my post.

Does anyone know if the new Mugen TYPE R sports exhaust system will fit the 2006 Civic FD2?
http://www.mugen-power.com/street/CIVICTYPE-R/technical/engine2/02.html

What other brands are out there that will just plug and plug, meaning, removing stock exhaust and install new one without any cutting or welding?
Ive checked Fuji, Greddy, Remus.... no one makes an exhaust system for this model car

Thanks

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Check out japanparts.com- it seems quite a few parts are usable on the FD2; however, I'm not sure if it's recommended since alot of these are OEM parts and unless you know what you're doing, could have adverse results.;.. not to mention warranty-voiding.

sk1001

HSC
Shimian said:
Looking to get remus mufflers on my civic 06 sport. Anyone using this muffler? I hear many people using Xforce or Magnaflows but apparently they dont last very long. Remus seems to be the way but is usually 2-3 times the price. Any thoughts?

thanks
you bloody ricer. Get a real car not a ricebox you rice eating ricebox ricer. stop cooking rice in your ricebox.

sk1001

HSC
Shimian said:
Rice forver. Also going to add some wheels to my rice box :bomb:
make sure dey r dem chrome spinnaz like on p.i.M.p my ride#!

spangacrab

HSC
Seriously...ricers... crap boxes.

Give me a XY GT or HQ sandman any day.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Meh. Not everyone wants a "real" performance car- especially when it probably won't be made use of 99% of the time.

sk1001

HSC
seremify007 said:
Meh. Not everyone wants a "real" performance car- especially when it probably won't be made use of 99% of the time.
bitch please....

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
sk1001 said:
bitch please....
huh?

I'm just saying not everyone wants a performance car.

That being said, in the context of this thread, I'm anti-muffler because it's just a pain in the ass droning sound which gets at you. I've sat in a car with a loud exhaust for considerable periods of time when travelling but not necessarily driving and it just wears you out especially if you're trying to sleep.

lengy

HSC
I feel self-conscious driving a slow car making so much noise.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't exactly call the Civic Sport a "slow car"... it's not crazy-fast like many of the other pocket-rockets and so on, but it's decent for a daily driver.

It beats our family's "daily driver" car back home- Proton Gen2!

CieL

HSC
lengy said:
I feel self-conscious driving a slow car making so much noise.
I feel self conscious driving a car that makes so much noise in general.

But then again, some people like the attention.

lengy

HSC
I'd only like a loud car if it was a V8 because you know what's under the hood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)