• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Respect for terrorists. (1 Viewer)

mugrug

You know, this is going to sound terrible, but I really have to have an enormous amount of respect for the terrorist organisations in Iraq. Capturing civillians, letting us get to know them on a personal level as they plead to Tony Blair on camera for their lives. When the conditions of the troops being taken are not met they are beheaded on film with the footage available on the internet. What a powerfully emotive method.

I respect this tactic immensely. They could walk onto a crowded London street and kill 100 people. yet they choose to kill just one... and draw it out. It's so much more powerful than any other method. While the US drops bombs on children's hospitals in Iraq (a "mistake", of course) the terrorists are striking at the heart of the globe. They are playing on all of our emotions and human dignity. If they put a suicide bomber in England and killed multiple people the public would blame and hate them, but by saying "Tony Blair, we'll kill this person if you don't do this by this date" they are shifting the blame for their actions onto the government. While this does not cause them to be seen as blameless it turns public opinion towards those in government who could have stopped it and did nothing.

As I said, enormous respect. Not for their murder, actions or cause, but for their brilliant methods.

Opinions?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
no...
i have a respect for their cause not for their methods...

mugrug

It isn't respect for the taking of life, but for the way they do it. The US and Britain specifically have taken countless thousands of lives in their "liberation" of Iraq.

As the saying goes "A single death is tragic, a thousand deaths is a statistic."

What brilliant tactics they are using and in effect, how many lives they are potentially saving by retaliating in such a limited but powerful way.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
war is shit...and so is terrorism 'cant we all just...get along'
mmm...I really see that happening.

I think the terrorists the interests of themselves and their people at heart, however, blatant murder is deplorable.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I respect terrorists, they can single handedly destroy america, lol.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
mugrug no offence but you sound a little twisted. to have respect for terrorists at all is pretty much saying you look up to them and agree with their tactics. not that I agree with the americans either, but to put it in an analogy what you are basically saying is that you respect the work of intelligent serial killers and rapists, even though they are fucked up.

maybe you just meant to say that what the terrorists are doing is smart, "I have a respect for terrorists" certainly won't go down well anywhere in the world mate.

santaslayer

HSC
I think he's been playing too much war games or something...

You ''admire'' their tactics, not ''respect''. :p

iamsickofyear12

HSC
For every civilian killed the US should behead 100 Iraqi prisoners, film it and broadcast it over the Iraqi television networks for the terrorists to see. I wonder how long the terrorists would continue beheading innocent people for then.

And don't try and argue the rights of these Iraqi prisoners. The most important thing is the protection of innocent civilians in Iraq, and terrorists beheading them cannot be tolerated. This is the only solution, it's for the greater good.

spell check

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
For every civilian killed the US should behead 100 Iraqi prisoners, film it and broadcast it over the Iraqi television networks for the terrorists to see. I wonder how long the terrorists would continue beheading innocent people for then.

And don't try and argue the rights of these Iraqi prisoners. The most important thing is the protection of innocent civilians in Iraq, and terrorists beheading them cannot be tolerated. This is the only solution, it's for the greater good.
hahahaha thats fucking stupid

firstly, if they did that then terrorists would probably try and behead more innocent people and become even more active

second, if the US starts beheading people, what is the world going to say, there are laws regarding these things you know

the most important thing is the protection of innocent iraqi people. it is their country after all that america has fucked up and created this situation in

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I have no respect for terrorists and never will......

iamsickofyear12

HSC
spell check said:
hahahaha thats fucking stupid

firstly, if they did that then terrorists would probably try and behead more innocent people and become even more active

second, if the US starts beheading people, what is the world going to say, there are laws regarding these things you know

the most important thing is the protection of innocent iraqi people. it is their country after all that america has fucked up and created this situation in
If they started beheading more innocent people then the next step would be to start bombing various parts of Iraq and killing innocent Iraqis, they will learn to stop pissing the US off eventually.

I think intelligent people would respect their actions in counterattacking the actions of the terrorists, and everyone else could just piss off.

America has not fucked their country, they have made it better. I guess you aren't familiar with the mass executions that occured under Saddams rule, not to mention testing chemical weapons on his own people. Obviously a select group of morons who continue to attack troops would rather be executed with chemical weapons so maybe the US should provide them with that option. They can set up "I would rather have chemical weapons tested on me and be executed like the good old days" camps.

You obviously didn't think before you started typing. Maybe if you or one of your friends of family was being beheaded in Iraq you would change your mind.

spell check

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If they started beheading more innocent people then the next step would be to start bombing various parts of Iraq and killing innocent Iraqis, they will learn to stop pissing the US off eventually.

I think intelligent people would respect their actions in counterattacking the actions of the terrorists, and everyone else could just piss off.

America has not fucked their country, they have made it better. I guess you aren't familiar with the mass executions that occured under Saddams rule, not to mention testing chemical weapons on his own people. Obviously a select group of morons who continue to attack troops would rather be executed with chemical weapons so maybe the US should provide them with that option. They can set up "I would rather have chemical weapons tested on me and be executed like the good old days" camps.

You obviously didn't think before you started typing. Maybe if you or one of your friends of family was being beheaded in Iraq you would change your mind.
i'm surprised you could tear yourself away from watching Fox news in order to type all that

isn't it pretty obvious by now that terrorists don't care if they die, killing more innocent iraqis brutally is not going to deter them, they are not like a nation-state enemy.

intelligent people would be scared shitless at the state of the world if the US started beheading prisoners. you can't honestly think otherwise, just look at the uproar after Abu Ghraib. and how would it "counterattack" the actions of the terrorists. you are simplifying it way too much. i guess that is to be expected considering the Bush administration's rhetoric

it's pretty clear that iraq is not "better" now, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation. they didn't have chemical weapons.

maybe if you were living in a country that was invaded and your home and family were all killed in poorly aimed bombing raids and you could no longer live a semi-regular life you would think differently

ok you can go back to watching bill o'reilly now

masteraal

bush needs to take his foot out of his ass and stop fucking around with other countries business

iamsickofyear12

HSC
spell check said:
i'm surprised you could tear yourself away from watching Fox news in order to type all that

isn't it pretty obvious by now that terrorists don't care if they die, killing more innocent iraqis brutally is not going to deter them, they are not like a nation-state enemy.

intelligent people would be scared shitless at the state of the world if the US started beheading prisoners. you can't honestly think otherwise, just look at the uproar after Abu Ghraib. and how would it "counterattack" the actions of the terrorists. you are simplifying it way too much. i guess that is to be expected considering the Bush administration's rhetoric

it's pretty clear that iraq is not "better" now, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation. they didn't have chemical weapons.

maybe if you were living in a country that was invaded and your home and family were all killed in poorly aimed bombing raids and you could no longer live a semi-regular life you would think differently

ok you can go back to watching bill o'reilly now
Your right, killing Iraqi prisoners would probably not accomplish much more than making them even more pissed off. But people want revenge, and thats what that gives them.

A more feasible solution would be America and the rest just leaving, let them rebuild their own country. In fact, lets give them back Saddam. Not only can he start his mass executions again but then he can start making his weapons of mass destruction again and start attacking the rest of the world.

Because no chemical weapons were found that means that they didn't have any before, and Saddam didn't use them on his own people? Obviously you missed out on a lot of the information on why America went in the first place. I think you've been to a bit too many anti war protests and the crazy rants of big mouthed, unemployed and uneducated fat bitches has blurred your vision.

And if it were me, I would be grateful. Although my family was dead, I would know it was an accident, and would prefer that to having them be executed by Saddam or having chemical weapons tested on them.

Don't waste your time arguing with me, go back to making your big anti Bush sign. I'm sure it will be very useful for protesting the upcoming election... Oh wait, this is Australia.

spell check

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
A more feasible solution would be America and the rest just leaving, let them rebuild their own country. In fact, lets give them back Saddam. Not only can he start his mass executions again but then he can start making his weapons of mass destruction again and start attacking the rest of the world.

Because no chemical weapons were found that means that they didn't have any before, and Saddam didn't use them on his own people? Obviously you missed out on a lot of the information on why America went in the first place. I think you've been to a bit too many anti war protests and the crazy rants of big mouthed, unemployed and uneducated fat bitches has blurred your vision.

And if it were me, I would be grateful. Although my family was dead, I would know it was an accident, and would prefer that to having them be executed by Saddam or having chemical weapons tested on them.
no actually deserting the country now is not a solution. invading without UN approval in the first place was the mistake, they can't leave now just because so many americans are being killed and they are losing control in so many areas of iraq. this is the war they wanted after all.

i recall the reasons america went in the first place were that saddam supposedly had WMDs "TODAY" and was going to attack america with them or sell them to the al qaeda network with whom he conducted the 9/11 attacks.

which, of course, all turned out to be lies.

oh and to the being grateful that your family were killed by the Americans. i won't even comment.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
spell check said:
no actually deserting the country now is not a solution. invading without UN approval in the first place was the mistake, they can't leave now just because so many americans are being killed and they are losing control in so many areas of iraq. this is the war they wanted after all.

i recall the reasons america went in the first place were that saddam supposedly had WMDs "TODAY" and was going to attack america with them or sell them to the al qaeda network with whom he conducted the 9/11 attacks.

which, of course, all turned out to be lies.

oh and to the being grateful that your family were killed by the Americans. i won't even comment.
1. The terrorists don't want them there. The Iraqis don't want them there. People like you don't want them there. They should leave. Give them back Saddam. Everyone will be happy again.

2. Did Saddam test chemical weapons on his own people. YES! Did Saddam execute thounsands of people for no particular reason. YES! So should America have just let him continue to do that. You talk about UN approval, does the UN approve that?

3. Your taking it out of context. Probably because you have no argument

4. How's your sign going?

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
wrx said:
Hahah Asquithian, thats from a computer game :p But it was said by some famous guy....
I'm pretty sure it was Stalin who said "a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic" or something very similar. As it happens, i did see it in a computer game, but elsewhere as well.

As for the rest.... well, bleh, really. People assume that no Saddam is infinitely better, and in time it probably will be. But imagine being a young Iraqi male now. Your country has been invaded for at best shaky reasons. Your daily life is marked with violence. The occupying troops are apparently at a loss as to how to control the situation and use force more than judiciously. The world has turned its back for the most part (except for the few in the Coalition of the Willing) because of the US' justification and prosecution of the war. On the other hand, countrymen of yours - religious leaders in some cases - are offering a way out, a chance to determine your own future without a government that appears both domestically and internationally to be a puppet.

What do you do? How long can you tolerate the situation, seeing it as you do, which is so very different to a western armchair commentator? While some may see a benefit or reason for the war and "collateral damage", I don't know how long the patience of those on the ground faced with it every day might hold.
I don't agree with terrorism or beheadings, but that's not a reason to ignore their causes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)