• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Retail instore trial (1 Viewer)

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any experience working in fashion retail? I was successful at an interview for Esprit and now have an instore trial this weekend. I'm so nervous and excited but have heaps of questions...

How do you personally go about asking open ended questions to customers? All the open ended questions I've thought of seem really awkward and clunky! I've had 5 years of experience in retail, but not in fashion so it's a new field for me.

What would you wear instore? I can only wear closed in shoes for OHS reasons, but otherwise can dress "smart casual" - what would you wear? I've been looking up latest season trends but want to not go OTT on trend pieces...

If anyone has worked for Esprit personally or knows anyone in advance and can offer advice or tips, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
So no one here works in a clothes store at all? Lol oh well, I'm sure somewhere else will be helpful...

blOwfish

HSC
Just approach all customers as they come in the door and say hi or watever. Also just dress in casual clothing that doesnt advertise any other brands.. like some jeans, white shirt or something..

If i'm correct your trial is like 3 hours?

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
blOwfish said:
Just approach all customers as they come in the door and say hi or watever. Also just dress in casual clothing that doesnt advertise any other brands.. like some jeans, white shirt or something..

If i'm correct your trial is like 3 hours?

do u need to go and fold all the clothes and shit? or do u just stand there and wiat for sum1 to come in and ask them what wud u like

blOwfish

HSC
its a trial.. they dont expect you to know everything already. Thank od im no longer working there.. i think i lasted 1 week =P ... because i got enticed by a more fabulous job.. maybe turning into a career now after i finish uni :D

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Thanks blowfish for your help! Yeah it's 3 hours. I need the money really bad so I hope I land it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)