• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

romanov - 1905 Revolution - plz help. (1 Viewer)

cb.visuality

HSC
Please help:

I have an essay due Friday on this topic:

‘The outcome of 1905 was a strengthening of the Tsarist autocracy and a weakening of its enemies.’ Discuss with reference to the period 1905-07.

1000-1500w

Can someone please explain how I am meant to flesh out the 1905 revolution to 1500?

I have already got info on October Manifest, Duma, Stolypin etc., but i dont think it will end up answering the question properly.

visuality.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Have you agreed or disagreed with the statement?

Which historians have you referred to to support your point of view?

Which historians disagree with your point of view and how have your challenged their viewpoint?

Writing History at the Preliminary and HSC level isn't just about telling the story but about looking at the different points of view and challenging them.

jellybelly59

HSC
check the resource sections on previous assignments that are similar to this essay.... i guess u just have to go crazy on detail.... and my modern teacher says u have to say what is the event about --->why it happened ------> outcome.... hope that helps :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
For each paragraph:
S - statement
E- example
E- explain

You want the marker to SEE your points and arguments. For this question, you're suppose to take a side - you're either for it or against it. You might want to talk about how the establishment of the Duma due to the October Manifest was to be ineffective in years to come, as the Tsar was able to dissolve the Duma and add in aristocratic influences to achieve his outcomes. You have the initial Blood Sunday massacre to talk about, and also the several different parties who were against the Tsarist regime.

If you need assistance, your teacher is the best way to go. And like cem said, add historiography to it. With these types of questions, it will impress the marker to see that you've done deep analyses of the historians who are involved in this debate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)