• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

RUN in between classes on opp sides of campus?! (1 Viewer)

coulda

HSC
Okay sorry this is a really dumb question but I got my timetable today and it turns out that there are a number of times where i have classes right after the other, but they are on pretty opposite sides of the campus (or just far away from one another)...e.g. I have to get from Wallace Theatre all the way to the Carslaw or the Carslaw to the Education building etc etc...
so do classes end like 5 mins early or something for people to get to their next class? and well i have to get from the Carslaw building to Education building for a law seminar (which are very important)...so um obviously hopefully you wont miss that much if you're late a bit?!! *worried*
do lots of ppl do this? they have to like RUUUUUN to their next class?!

A

adamsaclown

or just walk really fast.... It might take you about 10 minutes. I had tutorials in Old Teachers College (which takes an age itself to walk through) and Merewhether one after the other, and it actually would've been alright if my OTC tutorial ended at 5 to, but we always went right up to, or even past the hour, so I always arrived to my next tutorial about 10 minutes late (i.e. 15 past)... not too bad because it was a fairly large class... did miss a few minutes on a quiz once though. You could always leave the earlier class earlier, though I never did cos it seemed a bit disruptive for my tutor.

Collin

HSC
N/A
During my first year I did BIOL1001 (biggest waste of time ever) in Wallace, and then had maths in Carslaw. Fast pace walk takes you around 5 minutes. Many lecturers finish 1-5 minutes before the dot, and some lecturers also start a lecture a few minutes past the dot too. So if you don't stop on your way to have random chats with people, this shouldn't be a problem.

lozzie17

HSC
I have the same problem. I'm more worried about getting lost than being particularly late - I have a terrible sense of direction. It will be really embarassing walking into a lecture late too . . .I asked the same question, and someone wrote
"and sometimes (most of the time) classes finish at least 10 mins earlier (from my experience they do anyway) sometimes even earlier so you can run to the other side of campus :p"

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Wallace to Carslaw isn't much. Some people had much worse.

I do recall everyone taking their time to chat etc on the walk from maths at Wallace to chem. Everyone ended up 10min late, but nobody cared.

And this isn't school. Nobody cares about you turning up late/leaving early.

Lainee

HSC
Templar said:
And this isn't school. Nobody cares about you turning up late/leaving early.
Well some of them care, they just can't do anything other than give you death stares and continue with the class.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah, sometimes you just have to sneak in as unobtrusively as possible if the lecturer/tutor is nasty about late-comers. I used to hate having everone stare at me as I walked in late but you get used to it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
coulda said:
Okay sorry this is a really dumb question but I got my timetable today and it turns out that there are a number of times where i have classes right after the other, but they are on pretty opposite sides of the campus (or just far away from one another)...e.g. I have to get from Wallace Theatre all the way to the Carslaw or the Carslaw to the Education building etc etc...
so do classes end like 5 mins early or something for people to get to their next class? and well i have to get from the Carslaw building to Education building for a law seminar (which are very important)...so um obviously hopefully you wont miss that much if you're late a bit?!! *worried*
do lots of ppl do this? they have to like RUUUUUN to their next class?!
try having lectures in bosch :p
Or as I have this semester:
Wallace>Eco & Business Lab>Wallace>Merewether

darkroomgirl

HSC
I've got...

EDUF 1018 at Bosch
then HSTY 1025 at Carslaw right after...

I've looked it up on the map and it is not looking good at all. Oh well... if anything, I could use the walking as my training for City 2 Surf this year.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Here's something even worse for next Monday:

CompSci sub 11am-12pm
Work 12pm-7pm

I have to make it from Carslaw to North Sydney in 0 minutes. :/

Shaking Paper

HSC
I have ASNS1001 at the Woolley Lecture Theatre, then straight after JPNS1611 at Bosch, then right after that ASNS1001 tutorial at Eastern Avenue.
I don't know where any of these places are, but after reading this thread i'm kind of scared to look.
Actually I have lots of classes throught the week straight after one another in different places. =/

lozzie17

HSC
I just hope that we don't get a handfull of filthy looks when walking in late - maybe we should wear signs explaining ourselves? Or we could pull a Ross from friends, and rollerblade between lectures, but somehow I think that the later would draw more attention.

J

jhakka

David Braddon-Mitchell (Reality, Ethics and Beauty lecturer) closes the doors when he starts the lecture, and will make a big deal about letting people in. Funny bastard, though.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Students don't give filthy looks unless they are the hardcore ones who get peeved when you interrupt their 10 seconds of the lecturer's blabbering :p

it's just the lecturers/tutors that might be annoyed. Even so, from my experience, 80% don't care.

lozzie17

HSC
The lecturers won't do anything to embarass you if you walk in late though will they? Haha

Shaking Paper

HSC
Ah! I didnt think about this at all before reading this thread! Seeing as i'll be walking into the majority of my lectures a little late if they don't end a little early i'm a bit worried now.

lozzie17

HSC
@ Shaking paper - I thought about it when I got my timetable, but this thread is also making me nervous! I have like 4 times when I need to be somewhere far away as soon as one of my lectures finishes and I will have to add the time it takes me to figure out where to go and then factor in the time that it will take me to get lost and then somehow find the place on top of the actual walking time. Eek

Shaking Paper

HSC
I have it happen 5 times over four days. Surely the lecturers must understand that certain people in the class will always have just finished a class or need to go to another straight afterwards... but all teachers are evil so maybe not.

lozzie17

HSC
You would think people would be understanding, but my hope of that was shattered on info day when in a lecture I stupidly (yes I realise I was in the wrong) left my phone on and it of course, trusting my luck began ringing, and took me like an eternity to find it and shh it, and a guy sitting next to my friend gave me the biggest filthy look and started shaking his head at me. I was so embarrased. I hope that people understand its not our fault though with the timetable saga.

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
Collin said:
Here's something even worse for next Monday:

CompSci sub 11am-12pm
Work 12pm-7pm

I have to make it from Carslaw to North Sydney in 0 minutes. :/

Is that even possible?? :confused: and i thought i had it bad... carslaw to north sydney... damnz

hmmz.. i don't know how i'm going to make it from bosch to carslaw.. considering my fast pace is equal to all my friends normal pace...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)