• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Satire Related Texts to go in hand with "Huckleberry Finn" (1 Viewer)

Jaskirat

HSC
I have an examination where I must do an extended response (or essay, the details for the exam have not been finalized) on "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" by Mark Twain. I will also need to have one other satirical related text to make reference to during the exam.

What are some good satirical related texts (preferably short stories or poems) that I could use in hand with "Huckleberry Finn"? Thanks.

Additional info: I am doing Advanced English (2U). The text NEEDS to be satirical. Sorry for repeating but its important. Also I am in my preliminary year so the area of study of discovery is irrelevant. Instead the basis of this exam is, as you may have guessed, satire.

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There's a lot of political satire text, you can consider George Orwell's Animal Farm or 1984-but check whether they are on the prescribed text list for HSC first.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Slaughterhouse V is a very famous satirical novel, which compliments very well with the ideas about slavery presented in Mark Twain's work.

If you're interested in short stories, then "Harrison Bergeron" r. is a good example of satire! A short read and lots of symbolism. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)