• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

scaling for languages vs. humanities (1 Viewer)

blahblahh

HSC
i'm deciding on which subjects i would need to drop.. i seriously want to do all 12units and maybe 13 if i can cope for an extension.. however i want to ask everyones advice.. i do japanese continuers and may go for (if lucky enough) for extensions.. does it actually scale ??!! because seriously if it doesnt im most likely doomed.. because jap is considered as my most scaled subjects out of all...

and also if i had to compare legal studies & business studies & japanese which one scales higher..

p.s. i know the scaling process is really complicated..

but i need to decided which subjects to drop.

status -- doing pretty well in business.. top 3 in the grade
-- legal im alright..
-- japanese -- not that good. but the teacher said it aint my fault.. its just that the students in my class are too good & competitive..

so advice please ??!! thank you guys so muchh. any good suggestions would be fine :)

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
i'm deciding on which subjects i would need to drop.. i seriously want to do all 12units and maybe 13 if i can cope for an extension.. however i want to ask everyones advice.. i do japanese continuers and may go for (if lucky enough) for extensions.. does it actually scale ??!! because seriously if it doesnt im most likely doomed.. because jap is considered as my most scaled subjects out of all...

and also if i had to compare legal studies & business studies & japanese which one scales higher..

p.s. i know the scaling process is really complicated..

but i need to decided which subjects to drop.

status -- doing pretty well in business.. top 3 in the grade
-- legal im alright..
-- japanese -- not that good. but the teacher said it aint my fault.. its just that the students in my class are too good & competitive..

so advice please ??!! thank you guys so muchh. any good suggestions would be fine :)
I am not sure but they all are high scaled subjects. If i were you i would probably do legal (or) business. I wouldnt choose Jap coz it will get hard and can make you depressed.
I think you really should business and drop Jap, not that i don't like languages but it's not good for Hsc, u know ...
do u do science subjects, by the way?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Hehe, all subjects will scale and align differently XD... although they don't tend to change much each year (because history repeats itself >_> stupid cliche).

From my knowledge Japanese Continuers tends to scale relatively good... actually quite well. I believe it's often near Chemistry and Advanced English in terms of aligning of marks etc (blah blah blah)... Of course, with almost every extension, it scales much better! Japanese Extension scales very well and if you're good at Japanese (and enjoy it), then you should take it.

clue444

HSC
Do the subjects you are best at and the subjects you find yourself struggling in, drop it.

HSC
ext languages > humanities wouldnt it?

language conton and humanities is half and half i suppose

but beginner is in about the same league as legal studies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)