• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Senior science and dropping business studies (1 Viewer)

The Professor

HSC
Business studies is boring the hell out of me - but it's a pretty simple subject to get good marks in.

i am currently doing 2u maths, 3u english, SOR1, Chem2u, bio2u and business studies2u

Would it be worth dropping business and picking up senior science in year 12?
I understand they both scale pretty badly, but I enjoy science more than business.

The things is, my school doesn't run senior science as a course + no one really wants to do it
so is there a way for me to do this subject online perhaps?

thank you

moocow920

HSC
I don't know much about doing courses online, you'd have to talk to your school about that, but I did change to Senior Science in Yr 12. I haven't done business studies but it sounds similar in that senior is kinda boring after a while but simple to get good marks in if you have b basic scientific ability, plus no formulas and maths and calculations and things. So yea its simple and not too hard to do well in, if you are doing reasonable well in bio and maths you would be fine, but obviously it does not scale well.

I can't decide for you but I would probably say that when both business and senior are simple but boring, it might be better to just stick with business because in my opinion senior isnt worth the effort of having to do it from outside school, particularly when you need to do a lot of pracs and things.

In the end it's your decision obviously but from doing the subject but thats my 2 cents worth, seniors not interesting or well scaling enough for the extra effort and difficulty

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
If i were you I'd keep Business Studies.

Because self learning at times can be difficult if you do not understand a concept.

Also I believe business studies scales better than Senior Science.

The Professor

HSC
Thanks for replying, guys!

Okay, if senior science isn't a good subject to pick up
are there other alternatives to do in year 12?

Thank you,

The Professor

HSC
but it scales really badly,
how well do you have to do in order for it not to affect your mark?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)