• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should I drop down? (1 Viewer)

excellence1

HSC
I don't know whether to drop down to general from 2 unit Maths for year 12. I am going alright in my marks, part of the top 3. I know I can do well in general and I'm not sure I need it for my future career path. I need to make up my mind, any advice?

sourmilk

HSC
Speaking from experience, dropping from 2U especially at this time isn't a wise decision.
General Maths is easier compared to 2U but you learn different things, I knew people who dropped down from 2U that didn't do that well in the recent general exam because they missed out on a significant portion of the syllabus (we still learn stuff too). A lot of general is consumer maths and fkn wordy, so if you've been in the highest maths class through out high school, it might be a struggle.

Since you're doing okay, I guess you should stay in 2U. If you're struggling you can always get tuition. But I seriously don't recommend dropping down, especially now.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Should be fine if you're top 3 in 2U. If you want better marks, practising and spending more time on it will help you. Maths is one of those subjects that you can revise over and over and improve in, in a shorter span of time, in contrast to subjects like English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)