• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

should i drop eng ext now then pick it up again in yr 12? (1 Viewer)

bettina44

HSC
at this very moment i'm doing 14u=7 hours of school everyday and thats wayyyy too much for me.i couldn't decide between dropping either: dt,physics or eng ext.since i can't decide i'm thinking i should drop the eng ext now and if i change my mind later on,i can always pick it up again right?otherwise if i drop one of the other two,there's no turning back.would it be a wise idea to drop and pick up eng ext again?

Last edited:

jellybelly59

HSC
i dont think u can do that..... but im not sure... i thought the 1 unit ext. eng was to be done in a span of 2 yrs... but even if you are allowed to do that... you'd be missing out the skills they teach u in prelim. ext. eng. that will help u in yr 12 HSC.... only makes it harder for u IMO

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
I think Preliminary Extension English is a preresrequite (bah, I can't spell, I'm tired) for the HSC course... Maybe it would be a better idea to talk to your careers advisor and teachers?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I thought you only needed EE1 to get into EE2. I'm pretty sure that if you're doing Advanced only for Year 11, you could pick up EE1 in Year 12... or maybe I'm wrong? :(

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Continuum said:
I thought you only needed EE1 to get into EE2. I'm pretty sure that if you're doing Advanced only for Year 11, you could pick up EE1 in Year 12... or maybe I'm wrong? :(
I would also like to know, as I may pick up EE1 and drop a subject so I'm left with 12 units backed up during the HSC.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Yeah, there's no option. Just keep it up.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
you cannot drop ex1 in year 11 and then pick it up again. you have to meet prelim course requirements to continue on into the hsc course.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Why don't you drop a 2unit subject if you think you have too much work.

Cerry

HSC
You can't drop extension English. As with any other subject, having completed the year 11 course is a requirement to do a year 12 course. Which kinda sucks ass, but anyway. If I were you, I'd be leaning towards ditching DT, simply because you'll have to do a major work for it next year, and that will take you to a whole new level of stress.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I'd advise dropping one of your 2 unit subjects, one that you either dislike, arent doing well in or dont need in your future career (if you have decided what you want to do yet).
As people above have said 3u english in year 11 is needed for 3unit in year 12.

SimonLee13

HSC
Drop one of the 2u subjects. 14 units is just excessive seeing how next year you'll drop at least one of those subjects. Dropping just one of the 2u subjects will give you so much more time to focus on other subjects

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Reading her sig... i think she dropped Ext English.

I think that was a wise move. I dropped extension english, not because it was too hard, but it was time-consuming and boring, and I have never regretted dropping my decision as I can now focus on my other subjects and I get extra study periods.

bettina44

HSC
yeppers!!! dropped eng ext. i was going to drop a 2units subject but i couldn't decide what between physics and dt so i dropped the ext instead since that was the only subject that i'm sure i won't be doing in year 12--i only picked it up thinking i would drop dt. i also checked out the uac site and you guys were right once i drop eng ext i can't pick it back up,it only applies with maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)