• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sophisticated French ppl (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Omg we started Tapis Vollant 3 ont he last day of skool (i know man) and we read that french kids talk abt politics and the moral value oof songs...dun we sound shallow and stupid comapred to them lol

chepas

HSC
TAPIS VOLANT!!!! OMG That's MAD!!!!

Are Anwar and Miriam and Marie-France and Patrick and Alice Baker and the guy and Christophe still there? THAT'S a trip down memory lane! :D
It sounds like it's changed heeaps. #1 and #2 weren't sophisticated at all, all cartoony etc.

You're gonna love talking about moral values in French, :D

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I did Tapis Volant 3 (I think...). Maybe they're just trying to create the façade that students in France are really sophisticated and intelligent... ;)

Mind you, I wouldn't put it past some of my friends to have a discussion about the moral values of lyrics... :rolleyes: I tune out once they start political discussions about one of the many wars and global impact of such and such..... :rolleyes:

Some of the cartoons in Tapis Volant are *SO* corny!! :D

malkin86

HSC
Only Christophe.. and he's only in there once, or maybe twice. :( very sad.

Yeah, I remember that, also isn't Philosophy compulsary for French teenagers?

chepas

HSC
Yeah I don't know if it's compulsory, but they certainly have it as a normal kind of course for the bac!

Christophe!! Of course... was he Marie-France's sister? Or was that Patrick?

I've got the very first conversation from TV1 in my head... "Je m'appelle Alice Baker" / "Tu veux jouer au foot?" "Oui" / "On joue?" "D'accord." "Hé les enfants, attention!" "Oh, pardon!"....

How philosophical is #3 getting?

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
i remember that... nah Tapis Volant three has no more cartoons!!!! That sux...no more chateau renard music etc... all articles and stuff BORING LOL my fav was anwar he is the hottest ne way lol

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
On the topic of bad music, who here had those hideous Open High School Booklets for preliminary? The music in between each chapter was SO annoying after about the first 4 books....!!!!

I can still remember it. Then in the HSC there was a shift into more 'techno' music. Quite amusing really.

...and back in Yr 9, we had all these silly songs to sing from the Route Nationale books "Le premier juin c'est mon anniversaire....."....

How lame...:D the songs...and that I can still remember them..:eek:

chepas

HSC
melsc said:
my fav was anwar he is the hottest ne way lol
ROFLMAO!!! :D:D I thought he'd be the sex-symbol of Tapis Volant :) For me it was Marie-France that rocked my world....

Re: Hideous Open High booklets. YAY! That's how I learnt French for real. I really got to hate that frigging little musical segue. Then they FINALLY changed it to something more funky and techno, but then they went back to the boring old accordeon thing!!! Those books were soooooo repetitive in their exercises, drives one crazy. Like 'I GET IT ALREADY! JE FERAI TU FERAS IL FERA NOUS FERONS VOUS FEREZ ILS FERONT!!!" After the 5 billionth time they ask you to 'répétez'... no thanks...

I never finished the books, I couldn't be buggered doing anything last term. I'm still in the Holidays book in book 9...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
If i remember right Anwar is single... but isnt marie france going with patrick...something abt she is always jealous of patrick coz of his pen pal...
Anwar is the hottest (lol i am sooooo sad) everyone @ my skool thinks so (wat can i say no potential @ all grls skool and the matruity level @ brother skool is pretty low...ya know eggs throwers!) although my teacher thinks he was on drugs...i think coz he said he had a 'weekend formidable' and went to abt 5 countirres in the space of a weekend! LOL LONG LIVE ANWAR!!! I think all the characters ran into each other in paris in the last chpter of Tapis Vollant 2!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
chepas said:
Yeah I don't know if it's compulsory, but they certainly have it as a normal kind of course for the bac!

Christophe!! Of course... was he Marie-France's sister? Or was that Patrick?

I've got the very first conversation from TV1 in my head... "Je m'appelle Alice Baker" / "Tu veux jouer au foot?" "Oui" / "On joue?" "D'accord." "Hé les enfants, attention!" "Oh, pardon!"....

How philosophical is #3 getting?
In regard to the philosophical aspects of Tapis Vollant 3 it talks abt suicide... young people, depression etc and that is the first chapter....

Aussi les matieres obligatoires (compolsary subjects) sont les maths, l'angalis, les francais et philosophie!!! BERK QUELLE BARBE!

chepas

HSC
Gawd. Nice!!

I thought Patrick was Marie-France's brother? Twas soo long ago :D

Vive les matières obligatoires! Mmmm, enfin, non... Je suppose que ce serait intéressant d'étudier la philosophie, mais quand on n'a que 16/17/18 ans ça peut être un peu plus.... je ne sais quoi. Very deep and profound, too deep and profound almost.

Finies sont les journées où ils allaient a` la plage faire de la planche a` voile, manger des glaces, boire des limonades... maintenant ils se tuent et se sentent toujours déprimés... :( Que la vie est nulle :(.

The people in the OHS/ "Noir sur blanc" books always tried to seem funny and insult each other all the time, which just came out as being veeery sad. I miss Miriam :(

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
chepas said:
Those books were soooooo repetitive in their exercises, drives one crazy. Like 'I GET IT ALREADY! JE FERAI TU FERAS IL FERA NOUS FERONS VOUS FEREZ ILS FERONT!!!" After the 5 billionth time they ask you to 'répétez'... no thanks...
AH! Thank goodness someone agrees with me! I hated "Noir sur Blanc". :mad:

... I recall Tapis Volant 3 had a lot of stuff about immigration and refugees. Quite thought provoking stuff... They actually asked you to write responses to your views on immigration etc... :eek:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
we did ca bouge in junior school and then tapis volant.
how do you remember the people in it?!?!?!
did anyone ever have the leon le chameleon song? omg... i still remember that...
i still get that stuck in my head every now and then.

oh and hi people! i haven't posted in the french forum in weeks...

chepas

HSC
Ah tu es de retour _angel! Oui ça fait qques semaines depuis que tu as posté ici.

Another song I remember in NSB is the Happy Birthday song in French. It was really bodgy, sort of flowery and formal, and I can't imagine a child actually understanding it! All filasofickel etc. Whereas in English we have a simpler tune and a maximum of 6 different words!

... Your thoughts on immigration in Continuers? Are you for real????!!! Well I suppose it's "Young Person's World", but still... that means what movies you like and on whom do you have a crush....

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
salut tout le monde.
ummm... i don't think many young people are like that, i think they just prompted some very socially aware young parisiens. And maybe they made it all up, or made up parts of it. maybe they asked people from like a model united nations forum or something.
and some of them were big issues - like alcohol and drugs and their effects on the community.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
chepas said:
... Your thoughts on immigration in Continuers? Are you for real????!!! Well I suppose it's "Young Person's World", but still... that means what movies you like and on whom do you have a crush....
that sounds like extension to me!!! i hope we dont get to that stage in the book QUELLE BARBE!!!

chepas

HSC
Il existe un livre qui s'appelle Quelle barbe? C'est drôle, ça!

Bon, tu vas faire FrExt en terminale melsc?

The text book I use for Extension (where we have to talk about suicide and racial issues etc :() is Au point. I actually like it, full of stats on culture and etc... nevertheless I'm going to sell it to someone after November 12, so if anyone is pre-emptively interested... :D

malkin86

HSC
Did anyone get to see an 80s french soapie in year 10/yr 11? It was produced for classes - first it showed raw, then with french subs, then with english subs, and there were comprehension questions to follow... I forget the name, but it was really good - it was soapie addictish and in french - an incentive to comprehend! Such issues were discussed as unrequited love, the difficulties of French-Muslim culture clashes, French history and la vie a la campagne.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)