• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SOR II or Legal Studies???!!!? (1 Viewer)

fusionillusion

HSC
:confused2: which subject is easier?
i am currently choosing my subjects for year 11 and i can't decide between the two, any advice or tips?

please help!

annagurl

HSC
N/A
I guess it's a personal choice, so no one can say that one is easier than the other.
Example: I find maths easier than english, whereas someone else may find english easier than math.
Look up both courses and see which one interests you the most.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
SOR scales lower so it is easier on the general level

Do SOR if you do not hate it, legal is tough, very boring as you are always taugh legal concepts and court systems

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Personally, I would not do SORII.
I was forced into doing SORI by my school, and it really does not interest me at all.
Do not worry about scaling, because at the end of the day, if you like the subject, you'll do much better than a subject that scales better but you don't like.

chuha

HSC
N/A
Legal Studies.....SORII is pretty full on.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Mmm, fresh Year 10 blood...

Anyway, imagine yourself on an island, let's call it Equilibrium island. At Equilibrium island, there is no such thing as scaling, you get your marks, those become your marks. You must now decide which subject to choose:

a) Legal Studies

b) Studies of Religion 2

Have you seen the syllabus and what it requires you to do? Have you had a read through some of the textbooks? Have you spoken to your teacher or career's advisor? What are your interests?

jason2kool

HSC
LEGAL is really full on.. so much content..
though id rather it then sor..
sor is so boring

wootwoot1234

HSC
legal studies is interesting but a lot of content...
SOR II is easier but boring

jnney

lemon
HSC
Personally i would choose sor, because i like to learn about the foundations of society's beliefs. Id have a better understanding of people. Ive tried it myself, but dropped it only because i was crazily bribing myself into thinking i could do 14 units. It is a lot of content, however i think if you really enjoy it and its concepts, recalling will just be a breeze if it sparks your interests.

Just a personal opinion though, ive never tried legal studies out. Dont ever really want to. Having said that do what you are good at and enjoy the most.

abc64

HSC
i'd go with Sor so much more interseting then legal studies im currently doing both and regret picking legal studies

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
When I first read that... I thought you were like a vampire or something :p
I am not a vampire.

FusionIllusion, take your time there is no rush. Most schools let you change during the first few weeks anyway.

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
legal studies is as boring as fuk. Seriously easy, but i too regretted picking it up in hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)