• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

sport requirements (1 Viewer)

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
hey,
I know alot of schools, mostly the selective ones don't require you to do sport in year 12, however my schools wants us to do it in the first 12 years.

I know the board of studies does not require you to do sport for your hsc certificate... does anyone know any more info on this or can they find about it on the board of studies website... i've been looking but have been unsucessful..

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Its not a BOS requirement to do sport, although if it is school policy, then they are well in their rights to make sport compulsary in Year 12. If a student didnt like that, then they would simply just have to seek a different school.

My school lets you opt out of sport for terms 2-3 of Year 12.

Hmmm i dont think there is anything on this on the bos site....could be wrong though

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
It's nothing to do with the Board at this stage, its completely up to the institution you go to, and what policies they have - pretty much like how in some schools you *have* to do SOR, or Advanced English or things like that.
Maybe you should look at the DET site, they might have more information if you want it.

Abbeygale

HSC
fakingtheday said:
I have a feeling it's a prelim requirement, but not a hsc one. We can just sign out and go home.
I hope its not a prelim requirement, because my old school didn't require me to do sport in yr 11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)