• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Starting Year 12 next term need help on subject choice (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Hi
I currently do Math, Ex 1 math, Chem , Bio abd Phys my marks in Ex1 have not been that good 49% avg then a 40% result, do you guys think that I should drop Ex1 for the beginning of next term or keep it and just do it so it goes on the HSC. Im also worried because I know my school is going to tell me to drop it because they will say my marks are not good enough. I had an infection for a couple of weeks and could not go to school, beacause of this I have not been able to study for my prelim exams and I KNOW I will fail all my exams because im the type of person who cant cram ( it doesnt stya in my head like that), so if I get 20% in this 2u math test and say 5% in Ex1 what can I say to the school to let me do it next year, or do you think I should drop it?

I was thinking even if you didnt do well in Ex1 maths the unis still know that I did Ex1 math so if I was in an interview will they choose me over some other person because of the Ex1 completion in year12?

Thanks

-tal-

HSC
Hmm... work harder on your ext maths. But to do this, you have to have confidence in your own ability to do it. Trying to study anything thinking you won't do well is half assed studying.

Try it for year 12. But make sure that you do the ext maths stuff at home in the holidays and see if you get it.

If you continue to do badly, then drop it.

Last edited:

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Can you drop a subject anytime durinng year 12 or does it have to be done in the first few weeks, also if I stuff up the prelim exams is that alright only this time. I gotta go back to studying like how I did for sem 1 exams.

-tal-

HSC
Not too sure, but I think you can drop extension subjects whenever you want

0hNivlek

HSC
I heard you can drop a subject until 2 weeks prior to ur HSC exam!

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Im going to fail everything I keep failing math 2u pastpaers I keep getting 20%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)