• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

structuring an essay! what's the deal?! (1 Viewer)

unfold

HSC
Hey peeps, this is a question about essay writing in economics. My teacher always says: "provide definition first, explain the concepts using theory, THEN write the recent trends and figures etc" say..for a globalisation essay. My question is: can i mix them in..like introduce the theory while i write those figures. I'm currently doing a budget essay, and the best way i find is to organise it by writing the definition down (e.g. fiscal policy), then go straight into short term fiscal strategy, and recent figures, but also incorporate Keneysian economics etc. Is that okay?? i might go ask the teacher as well, but i'd like to know what you all think! thanks!

felixcthecat

HSC
i'm still a newbie to econ ^^ hehe, but i tend to answer all those 'definitions' of the question, then broaden by briefly explaining what subtopics there are.. then u go straight to the body with each subtopic!~ wif lotsa diagrams if possible, and always refer to the diagrams~~ hehe, hope that helps!

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
look it is always up to the individual style of the essay writer....but a generic outline for an economics essay would be probably what your teacher said....sounds like good advice

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yes what you say is fine, in fact you have to try and synthesise it a bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)