• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study Guide Day (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tactic

UPDATE:
Full details of the day have been posted up at http://www.boredofstudies.org/studyguideday.php

The team have worked hard over the past few weeks in organising a discounted study guide day containing over 100 study guides for all Bored of Studies members! We are proud to announce that we brought together two of the largest study guide publishers Pascal Press (of Excel fame) and Macmillan Publishers. We've also managed to secure a convenient location thanks to the Faculty of IT at UTS!

Where: University of Technology, Sydney Building 2
Date: Saturday 29th April 2006
Time: 9am to 5pm
Methods of Payment: Cash and Cheque (requires ID)

Click on the following links to check out what study guides we have, and also to express your interest by selecting which study guides you would like to purchase:
English
Maths
Science
Social Science
Other Publications

P

pLuvia

tactic said:
Judging by the poll on the front page, it looks like we'll be running the study guide day!! So far it looks like we will be holding the day in late April just in time for your half-yearlies. We can't give exact details yet but it looks like we should have books from most of the major publishers and yes we'll be giving it to you at a discounted rate :D so hold back from buying at the store and wait till our study guide day!!!
Nice idea :D

fatmuscle

HSC
We're thinking around the City area. or atleast <10mins away from the City area

more details to be posted shortly

T

tactic

Just to let you all know, we've managed to secure two of the main HSC book publishers, they are:

- Pascal Press (Excel)
- Macmillan

I'll try to have a list of books available and the discounts etc that will be available by the end of the week.

cheerio.

T

tactic

All the details are up!!
I'm sure you will do fine in your trials, just wait till the SGD :p

tennille

HSC
Are the discounts for all Bored of Studies members? I've compared the difference between standard members and premium members, and it states that standard BoS members won't get discounts while premium members do. Unless there is a bigger discount for premium members...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Tennille said:
it states that standard BoS members won't get discounts while premium members do
No it doesn't...

Tennille said:
Are the discounts for all Bored of Studies members?
Yes, they are... 10%.

Tennille said:
Unless there is a bigger discount for premium members...
Yes, there is... 20%! :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks for your feedback, perhaps next time you could understand there are more people in this world outside of yourself :)

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
politik said:
Why would I buy a study guide from BOS at their 'day' when I can buy it online and get a free revise in a month book here directly from the publisher? I think i'll buy HSC Mathematics online and save myself the time and money. 10% doesn't really compare to a free $19 book...
Why would you buy one when you're not in High School ?

Why do you keep shooting down all BOS' new initiatives, most of which are aimed at HSC STUDENTS, not ex-hsc students. Everything is different in retrospect.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
politik said:
Why would I buy a study guide from BOS at their 'day' when I can buy it online and get a free revise in a month book here directly from the publisher? I think i'll buy HSC Mathematics online and save myself the time and money. 10% doesn't really compare to a free $19 book...
Because the discount offered by BOS doesn't expire in April?

tennille

HSC
Lazarus said:
Yes, there is... 20%! :)
Fair enough :). I just happened to misinterpret what "Huge discounts for study guides" means and having a cross under standard member, and a tick under premium member.

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
[yr12]I have used a 'revise in a month' study guide in the past (as I picked it up from the library bookshelf I immediately put it back down, realising that if you have the main study guide, it's rather pointless). [/yr12] Whilst it's a nice offer, it really isn't a necessary book (especially considering the larger range of study guides we will have for sale).
Also, you will get to meet other bosers and a chance to form study groups with them, etc.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
politik said:
But lots of past HSC students have also expressed their discontent at the idea.
Again, you fail to realise the target of this initiative, and obviously something which has an overwhelming bias towards HSC students is not going to interest the majority of those past-HSC students. Surely this is logical enough to understand.

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
politik said:
Oh yeah... Except I voted on that poll 4 times.

Anyways, good luck. Hopefully BOS will make enough money to set up a UNSW O-Week stand next year.
You voted from different IPs then. Whether or not there are error variables, the results were significant enough to indicate that there is demand.

T

tactic

Just a reminder that the Study Guide Day is on this saturday!!! be there to grab some books and also to check out staz modeling on the cat walk!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
tactic said:
Just a reminder that the Study Guide Day is on this saturday!!! be there to grab some books and also to check out staz modeling on the cat walk!
For the premium discounts, I’m just wondering how are you going to distinguish between premium and normal members?

T

tactic

we'll be verifying ppl on the day.. we've got wireless set up so we can check your accounts there and then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)