• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studying For YR 11 (1 Viewer)

Daniel_95

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

finished yr 10 and are on holidays for the next 8 weeks or what ever it is and want to get a head start on business studies. I have heard that it is very content based and i think by starting earlier will benefit in the future... what do you recommend to start studying? i haven't got a textbook or anything and will only get it first day back next yr but i do have the silibus from the bos website. Please don't say to not study over holidays because it won't be full on or anything, and i often get bored and have a sleep :L

Thanks,

Daniel

HSC
studying before the year! it's the toppest tip any person could give you. Unfortunately, i'm also in the same boat and want to do the same for chemistry. Thinking of getting a tutor over the holidays. what do you guys think?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why are you doing this... seriously. Getting a head start? You'll have enough time to go through the content.

If you really want to, you go from the syllabus the Board of Studies has on their website and you make notes from it using textbooks and stuff that your school will give you. Or, you can buy study guides and make notes from those...

enoilgam

HSC
My advice - do nothing. You want to be fresh and well rested for the next 2 years. If you're really edgy, then read through the syllabus a bit or get started on some reading for english. Other then that, chill it will be more beneficial for you in the long run.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I can understand that you guys want to do the best you can but seriously, just chill these holidays. I would say definitely read your english texts because you don't have a lot of time during the term but I wouldn't throw myself head first into the syllabus just yet. Year 11 starts out slow, you'll have plenty of time to get into the swing of things. Maybe have a flick through your textbook but I reckon a lot of the stuff would just be foreign and when you go over it in class with your teacher it'll make sense. So just enjoy your time off...after all, it won't last long.

such_such

HSC
This is basically your last 'fun' holiday and you should make the most out of it. You're gonna be stuck at home or in a library for the next two years, so before that happens, let loose and do something that makes you happy, instead of getting a heads start, because you know, you might regret it later.

Do minimal study of you want, but like my tutor teacher said, these holidays should be about relaxing and not worrying about the lethal journey ahead. As for me, I will sleep and sleep and sleep.

michaeljennings

HSC
Its up to you, you can either have fun, go out lots and do whatever you want or you can choose to study. TBH I think youre better off just having fun

findx

HSC
if you are really bored. ... do some light reading on the first topic you will be doing and jot down some points

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)