• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studying Honours and Dip.Ed? Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

eyeSharingan

HSC
I'm currently in limbo with my degree.

Back in 2008 I started a BMus at UWS, and after a year and a half the real world took over and I needed to find a job to live. I have studied online in that time, and have gained a Dip.Counselling through ACAP.

My thoughts are to study the UNE by distance (again, real world)...thoughts on UNE?

Also, once that's completed, I have always wanted to do my honours through UNSW. I was wondering if it is possible to study a Dip.Ed (distance) and do Honours at once?
I understand it sounds completely insane, but as discussed with my fiance and myself we would be financially stable enough for me not to work...would that still be enough time to handle the workload?

I just desperately want to make up for lost time, curtesy of Le Real World.

Thanks!

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I dunno what Music honours involves but I reckon it's possible. Just you might have some practical experience in the DipEd that might conflict with things being due for Music honours? Anyway I did honours last year and it's not so time consuming you couldn't fit in some course work for a dip ed (which will probably be pretty easy)

What else are you doing though, like if you're also working full time I'd say forget it lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)