• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subject Dilemma :S (1 Viewer)

Meshy590

HSC
Hey!!

So i have a problem with my subjects going into HSC. These are my current subjects:

Math Ext 1
Eng Adv
Chemistry
Business Studies
French Continuers

...and i just dropped eng ext 1.

So right now, i have 11 units. I have been asked by my teacher if i want to do 4u maths, and she recommends it. I also want to do French extension, but i will have to do it though open high school, as I am the only person that wants to do it, and my school will not offer it...

What do you think I should do???
Thanks

enoilgam

HSC
Well, ask yourself which one you will enjoy the most, which one you think you can do best in and the workload of each. What I would do is take up both and do them for a while. Then, later on down the track make a decision on which one of the two you dont want to do. At least then you will have given them both a go, meaning you can make a more informed decision.

D94

HSC
N/A
You could do both as an option, or neither as another option. But consider how much time you can devote to each subject, and make a judgement on how well you can see yourself performing. I was sort of in your position (not languages though), and I picked up 2 extension subjects, and I had no major issues or disruptions.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Well, ask yourself which one you will enjoy the most, which one you think you can do best in and the workload of each. What I would do is take up both and do them for a while. Then, later on down the track make a decision on which one of the two you dont want to do. At least then you will have given them both a go, meaning you can make a more informed decision.
This.

In the end you'd have lost nothing. Also, 13 units isn't too bad if you manage your time well. If you really like both i'd keep them (if you aren't feeling too much pressure)

interesting

HSC
N/A
do both if you like em and as time goes on, drop some of the subjects if workload gets too much and choose the one your going to do the best in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)