• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

syllabus (1 Viewer)

photastic

HSC
Will there be a change in the syllabus for some subjects in the 2015 HSC course?
Definitely English for most of the prescribed texts and discovery. Rumors say that matrices will enter the extension 2 maths course and conics will enter the extension 1 maths course. Science will not change until 2018 and HSIE recently changed in 2010 so unlikely changes for that too.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
HSIE subjects get reviewed all the time - Legal is either a new syllabus this year or next - not sure, Society and Culture has a new syllabus starting for Year 11 I think next year and the Histories are currently being reviewed in line with the regular review of syllabi and the national curriculum. Geography - again I am not sure and the same with Economics and Business Studies (shows how much I listen to my HSIE colleagues on these matters or how much I am registering as they may have discussed a new course and I haven't taken that in.)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Conics, Matrices, these may make there way into the higher level of maths.

photastic

HSC
Rumours also say that permutations and combinations will make their way to the Extension 2 maths course instead of Extension 1...
I will scream if that happens. Just after I went through it LOL
W T F. It's already in it though.

mreditor16

HSC
Rumours also say that permutations and combinations will make their way to the Extension 2 maths course instead of Extension 1...
I will scream if that happens. Just after I went through it LOL
HPF, you're sorta wrong. perms and combs is indeed in 3u syllabus. therefore, commonly tested in 3u exams.

but in 4u, they give "harder 3U" questions. and arguably one of the most common topics from 3U tested in 4U is perms and combs. so it is already in the 4U course per se.

i.e. you need to know perms and combs well for BOTH 3u and 4u.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Business Studies has had a recent syllabus changes so I doubt it will change.

mreditor16

HSC
well that would only start next year, so it wont affect us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)