• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ted and Sylvia (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey all,

Well, in studying the wonderful world of 'Conflicting Perspectives', a certain polarisation of our English class has emerged surrounding the Plath-Hughes situation. Just wondering who you sympathise with and why? And what are your favourite poems?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Hey all,

Well, in studying the wonderful world of 'Conflicting Perspectives', a certain polarisation of our English class has emerged surrounding the Plath-Hughes situation. Just wondering who you sympathise with and why? And what are your favourite poems?
Ted Hughes.
One of his better poems imo was ( i think) called "The Shot".

HSC
Plath all the way! :)

Maybe it's cause I'm a girl or something, but I heard about Plath before this topic and loved her poem 'Daddy' cos it was creepy but really evocative and raw.

I respect that Hughes is an insanely good poet but he had like 30 more years to perfect his art and he comes of as too polished to me. Like, I know what he's trying to make us feel and it just seems to much of an excuse for his relationship with Plath rather than the raw energy I like from poems:p

My favourite Hughes poem though is Red.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)