• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

TEXT 5- supp text needed (1 Viewer)

angel_flick

HSC
hey i have an assessment task due next week and its really complicated-we have to pick a text that compliments a text in the stimulus booklet and because ive done so much work on blood on the tracks i would really like to use it, but im having trouble finding any texts that express the ideas conveyed in it

does anyone have any ideas???? because next week i have to go and present my ideas to the class dressed up as Renay Walker and i am really not looking forward to that!

is anyone else noticing how screwed the english silubus is!

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by angel_flick
is anyone else noticing how screwed the english silubus is!
i think its just your school :p :p we dont have to dress up as anyone

Hell Sent

lol..nor do we, but i spose if doing a speech it would be good...might get u an extra mark or two....i remember my bro had to do a monologue from king lear n dress up - joy n it was compulsory too

lil princess

HSC
Originally posted by Hell Sent
lol..nor do we, but i spose if doing a speech it would be good...might get u an extra mark or two....i remember my bro had to do a monologue from king lear n dress up - joy n it was compulsory too

it's not really a speech, nor will we recieve extra marks for dressing up as a character since it is compulsory! Unfortunately the whole point of this stupid assessment task is to perform in front of the class as a selected character/author from the stimulus booklet and convey the characters attitudes/attributes in that way. Then after making a fool of ourselves we have to compare and contrast a related text to the text from the stimulus booklet which we chose, whilst still in character...

our school is so screw'd

Noone else seems to have these ridiculoius tasks like us

The thing which makes it worse is the assessment notification was not explained clearly, and we got it like two days before Christmas holidays and it is due the fourth day back at school - if, like many of us, u didn't really have a clue as to what to do and needed to ask one of the teacher you only really have three days to complete a task which is worth 20% of our overall mark - and they tell us its no big deal...

OUR SCHOOL TOTALLY SUCS!!!

LiKe A FiSh

HSC
N/A
Lord of the Rings, Dead Man (film) 2001, How to get there- leunig all have pretty strong links to journey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)