• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

textbook question (1 Viewer)

nami-_-

HSC
is it really important or worth it to buy textbooks for uni? i checked the prices and they are pretty costly and some people say they didn't even use their textbooks...is this true?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
is it really important or worth it to buy textbooks for uni? i checked the prices and they are pretty costly and some people say they didn't even use their textbooks...is this true?
You'll find out during the first weeks of uni.. you can tell or not if you really need a particular textbook or not..

HSC
well i do biomedical science, so the textbooks I use are pretty much almost essential - to me anyhow because the subjects I am taking for my degree all mingle into each other so the books I pay for I am going to get my moneys worth, but yeah the price tag is pretty outrageous, so i just pay for half then get my mum to pitch in the other half for the book - cant go and buy the textbooks on youth allowance - nuh uh :( not sure what it is like for other courses.

If you are lucky you might be able to score some second hand ones from the student association or keep an eye out for flyers in the library or on campus - which is pretty much non existant for science textbooks anyhow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)