• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

textbooks (1 Viewer)

jimjim

hey guys! i was just wondering, when do we get a list of textbooks to buy?! on enrolment?! :S i kind of need to start saving.. a lot!

CrashOveride

HSC
You will get it when it becomes available, email the co-op bookshop people or something.

No, I don't think it's on enrollment.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
there should be a list available on the co-op site, but it is never updated in time.

try your luck in the co-op shop. call them or visit them. generally for semester 1, they should have the texts required by end of january, i think.

mrbplus

HSC
You have four options:

1) www.coop-bookshop.com.au (Eventually, there will be a MQ listing)
2) Book lists are posted in the Co-Op Bookshop window
3) You normally receive a book list during your first lecture for the subject.
4) Once you know what you need, you can look for 2nd-hand books on sale.

Second-hand books are available in the SAM Shop on campus, on numerous posters around campus and there is a website (www.textbookexchange.com.au), but I don't really know much about it.

Just make sure that the book you need was the same one used during the previous semester.

Curiously, some EFS lecturers write their own textbooks and not surprisingly, they are updated every year =/.

X

xeuyrawp

jimmyjojo said:
hey guys! i was just wondering, when do we get a list of textbooks to buy?! on enrolment?! :S i kind of need to start saving.. a lot!
For AHST100; you need The British Museum Dictionary of Ancient Egypt, which will set you back $45.

For AHST103; you need a collection of Plutarch's Lives, and Appian's The Civil Wars which will set you back (alone with the reader), around $60.

For HIST112; you need David Christian's Maps of Time, which will set you back around $45, also.

For greek, I think you get the JACT introduction, which I would imagine would be around $35-$45 also. :)

The Co-op is a real bitch. They don't put half their books online, they never put the lists online, and for Ancient History, they're always overpriced.

If money is an issue, don't buy any of the 103 books immediately except for the reader -- you should be able to know when you'll need the various Plutarchs. Even then, you might prefer to go into reserve and photocopy, borrow from the library, or borrow of a generous Egyptology student. :D

mrbplus said:
www.coop-bookshop.com.au (Eventually, there will be a MQ listing)
They didn't last sem, and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't again this sem. They even lied to everyone that 'There was a technical difficulty and the list couldn't be uploaded', when really they didn't want Text in the City using their prices.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, after the big price-war of 04

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Yes online listing is scrapped

Look on the co op bookshop window or check in the folder instore.

CieL

HSC
er.. *feels stupid*

where's the co op bookshop?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)