• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Descent 2005 (1 Viewer)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Hey if anyone has watched this film, could you please explain to me what happens in the end?
I've watched this movie twice and it's bugging me because I'm totally confused about the conclusion. Does Sarah actually get out of the cave or does she join the other crawlers?

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
ok... I guess no one has watched this film btw Im not refering to the "First descent" a 2006 movie about snowboarding
..lol this movie is just a british effort at making a horror movie, is the movie that bad that most people have not see it?

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Firstly, the reason why no-one has seen it is because it has not been released in Australia yet. Now, while the ending is somewhat left open it is quite clear that Sarah does not get out of the cave. She is starting to go mad and when she sees her daughter she doesn't really care whether she lives or dies and accepts her fate and is assumed to be attacked by the monsters:rolleyes:.

P.S. For anyone who might come across this movie please do yourself a favour and don't watch it. I can't understand why it god such good reviews, I thought it was very bad. I mean, I usually don't like Horror movies but at least it could do its job and scare you, and this is really saying something because I am usually scared pretty easily in movies:rolleyes:.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
SoCal said:
Firstly, the reason why no-one has seen it is because it has not been released in Australia yet. Now, while the ending is somewhat left open it is quite clear that Sarah does not get out of the cave. She is starting to go mad and when she sees her daughter she doesn't really care whether she lives or dies and accepts her fate and is assumed to be attacked by the monsters:rolleyes:.

P.S. For anyone who might come across this movie please do yourself a favour and don't watch it. I can't understand why it god such good reviews, I thought it was very bad. I mean, I usually don't like Horror movies but at least it could do its job and scare you, and this is really saying something because I am usually scared pretty easily in movies:rolleyes:.
I just thought that everytime she sees her daughter with the b'day cake she'll survive. It happens everytime she suffers from a traumatically life threatening event like after the car accident and the cave in.

Also, I agree with you that this movie did not put enough effort to actually scare anybody. I'm usually pretty bad with coping with horror films but I found that this movie was not scary at all. But I still don't think that it's as bad as you make it out to be and that if you don't expect it to be scary, then it would be quite good.
So don't scare everyone away from watching it!!! LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well I am just trying to warn anyone that might think of watching it one day:p. If it is not scary it really doesn't have anything going for it. It takes a long time to get into the story and then the story is that unbelievable and boring its not funny:(.

J

jhakka

I watched it last night and quite enjoyed it.

I had a moment where I yelled out "OMG! It's Gollum!"

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
hahaha

Did she get out of the cave? Or is she dying or becoming one of those creatures herself??

I thought the reviews were a bit overrated, and although I anticipated to be really really scared (and which i didn't), I still quite liked the movie:D

passion89

HSC
jhakka said:
I had a moment where I yelled out "OMG! It's Gollum!"
haha me 2

I really liked the descent. It makes you all claustrophobic :p

One thing I really did like about it was the fact that it didn't rely so much on gore to scare the audience. That said, the gore was awesome.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
It depends what version you saw.

The REAL version (the one in Australian cinemas) - Sarah's still left in the cave. Her escape was just a hallucination. What happens to her after the credits begin rolling, we can only gravely wonder...

The American version: the escape was real. She got away. (Apparently Americans can't handle endings that are too depressing or aren't tied up nicely enough.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)