• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The TRUTH about IPT!!! (3 Viewers)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I am sick of hearing people say the following things about IPT:
* IPT is a bludge
* Dont do it, it scales bad
* IPT is boring
I hate hearing these things especially from people who dont do the subject or people giving advice to those thing about choosing IPT...so IPT students why dont u post what IPT is about so that people who want to do it can see what it is really like!

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
first of all, it isnt a bludge. there is a shitload of work. i actually regard it as my fav subject.

Trev

stix
HSC
erm.....IPT IS a bludge, and my worst scaling subject yet its relatively easy to get band 6 for hsc, and its overly boring! but im glad im doing it tho :) DO-IT! *jigs*

Trev

stix
HSC
no they rnt lol; our database project we had to do in prelim (30% i think) we barely started till the weekend before after having it for weeks (and having to do it during class, amazing how long u can do shit all); we did a huge rush job on the weekend and got 92/100 for it.......
dont plan to do that for the hsc one tho =P
i wana make an interactive dvd (for multimedia project), but i dont really have an idea so far how to......

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Trev said:
erm.....IPT IS a bludge, and my worst scaling subject yet its relatively easy to get band 6 for hsc, and its overly boring! but im glad im doing it tho :) DO-IT! *jigs*
trev ur wrong it is NOT EASY to get a band 6 in IPT...u know wat my teacher said 2day...he said everyone would get band 4s in my class...lucky 2 get band 5!
no one should get band 3s but 1% of the state get band 6 so yeah we're all screwed eh!
i agree that its boring!
it is the worst scaling subject of mine
yes its a bludge but its a shitload of stuff 2 know at the same time

Trev

stix
HSC
well maybe ur school is just crap at ipt lol, out school generally does well in it; 2003: a 96 and 95; 2004: 96 (9th in state), 94, and 2 other band 6's (with a class of 13 i think). so im going to try from now on and try and relinquish my shit first assessment mark, and if i dont get >92/93 ill b pissed :p

Trev

stix
HSC
plus, i reckon its easier to get band 6 in ipt since the canditure is usually dumber than other subjects that are more academic, so its easier to beat more people :uhhuh:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
the content of the course is relatively easy, but there are a few definitions and stuff that need to be learnt. It's not hard to get good marks in the subject, just get some ideas and apply it to situations involving computers and information systems, easy! :)

that being said, im not the smartest person in the world and im certainly not the smartest at IPT.. there are difficult parts of the course, but with a little bit of study, its not hard to overcome :)

goan_crazy

HSC
Trev said:
plus, i reckon its easier to get band 6 in ipt since the canditure is usually dumber than other subjects that are more academic, so its easier to beat more people :uhhuh:
no one has ever got a band 6 in my skool... :vcross:

HSC
Trev said:
well maybe ur school is just crap at ipt lol, out school generally does well in it; 2003: a 96 and 95; 2004: 96 (9th in state), 94, and 2 other band 6's (with a class of 13 i think). so im going to try from now on and try and relinquish my shit first assessment mark, and if i dont get >92/93 ill b pissed :p
same for my school. in the hsc classes for 2003 and 2004 (don't remember 2002), there's usually around 2 people of around 10-15(?) students who did ipt and get a band 6. one guy who did ipt and got a band 6 had a uai over 95 (with the help of legal as well). one girl who topped my school in ipt for 2004 got a uai over 90 so it's possible to do well in ipt. you just need to work hard a bit more and bludge less. just hopefully it similarly goes well for my ipt class because of different teachers.

joe_m_2000 said:
trev ur wrong it is NOT EASY to get a band 6 in IPT...u know wat my teacher said 2day...he said everyone would get band 4s in my class...lucky 2 get band 5! no one should get band 3s but 1% of the state get band 6 so yeah we're all screwed eh!
hey joe, in hsc 2004 class according to the board of studies, 7% of the ipt candidature in the whole state got a band 6 and 25.51% got a band 5 in ipt so don't fret yet mate
here's the link:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/BDHSC_2004_12_15210.htm

goan_crazy

HSC

goan_crazy

HSC
Trev said:
well if noone else has got a band 6, and u get one....then yes you will be the first :rolleyes:
yep true haha now i sound dumb :(

uwsstudent

HSC
IPT is a good subject

IPT is definitely favourite high school subject, i did it when i was in year 11 and 12, i mean it's interesting and i hope everyone do it good in their HSC

FinalFantasy

HSC
ipt is boring and bad scaling indeed... but if u got other subjects which are high scaling, need 2units to fill up ur 10 units.. then it's cool to use ipt lol

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i did ipt for a while. personally, i found it really boring, and a complete bludge. i found it a waste of time, which was why i stopped doing it.

i'm sure some ppl enjoy it and stuff, but it wasn't my thing, so yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)