• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

those advertising boards aound uni... (1 Viewer)

HSC
are you allowed to stick ads on them anytime for free?

thx in advance :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yes . (I assume you're talking about boards that are on the Basser steps and outside Matthews)

doingHSC

HSC
what bout where u advertise ur text books (on the stairs up the quad.) how do u put ur stuff on the board since its closed?

gman03

HSC
doingHSC said:
what bout where u advertise ur text books (on the stairs up the quad.) how do u put ur stuff on the board since its closed?
i presume you go to the second hand bookshop and ask them for the yellow slip.

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
this is rather early to ask...as i won't be selling my books for another couple of montsh....but while i remember....

do you think there is any advantage/disadvantage in posting up your own ads. on basser steps etc. compared with the yellow fill out forms from second hand book shop?

sunny

meh.
HSC
I've only ever looked at the private ads, but thats just me.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
yellow forms last longer basser steps will get pasted over within 4 hours by some random revue/cbs/other shit

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Pasted over, or revue/cbs etc will rip yours off... which they're entitled to do with anything that doesn't carry a Guild logo... I learnt that from the people doing poster runs for Domestic.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yep CBS does that, just don't pick places where they are likely to stick (yes I know they stick over boards completely sometimes), eg eye level height. In week 1 semester 2 last year I went around "checking up" on my ads maybe twice a day and stuck another one back up if an old one got covered up. Presto, $400+ of second texts sold in less than a week.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i always read those boards when i need to take a break on the kilometre of steps i have to walk up to upper campus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)