• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tiananmen square, help please. (1 Viewer)

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
For my historical investigation I have to do Tiananmen square - I like it but they've given me a weird essay question on which I can't find any information. The question is "How have perspectives of the Beijing Massacre changed over time? Support your work by referring to the sources you have studied o this topic". Any help would be much appreciated. What should be the main point of my argument? HELP!

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
it's not weird because what we know about history is mainly from the perspectives of historians whose evidence should be scruitinised for usefulness and reliability.

your main people of your argument should show whether the perspectives of the government, the students, the western world, et al have changed since the event. the sources you've been given should be a cross-section of these groups [and maybe more] and should span from 1989 - present-ish.

what i did was see whether the perspectives of these groups differed from what they said in 1989.

hope that helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)