• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tips 4 studying continuers french the night b4 the exam? (1 Viewer)

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
Yeah French is good in that if you know your stuff you don't need to study nearly half as much as other subjects...ie. chem.

I usually look through our textbook (Reprise) to make sure I know all the tenses and common phrases/constructions, eg. relative pronouns, conditional, subjunctive etc. but you don't learn some of that till year 12 so don't worry.

Basically yeah know the tenses, that's all that i do, and good luck!

chepas

HSC
Yeah. ^^^.

Plus, don't forget that we can use dictionaries!!! While it is good to know your stuff etc that doesn't stopping us from checking a conjugation or from looking up a word, so don't freek out trying to memorise words etc, because you can still find it in the dico in the exam (though it does chew up a lot of time).

What I do the night before, is just really try to get myself in a French head so it's right on the surface for the next day. With no constraints of time or whatever, do some past paper questions so you can get used to thinking about responding to the questions and sort of psyche the self up for it.

chepas

HSC
In the trial you mean? That they gave you a past HSC question? Haha... that's cool... Our German one had questions that were sooo similar to some past questions, but were changed just that smidgin that they were something new.

chepas

HSC
NEEEERRRRR

I'm an idiot and a half.

Sorry! The thing is, I KNEW that... and it's in your sig. :D

*hides under a croque-madame*

chepas

HSC
That's murder! At least space it out by a few hours, if not have it the next day! For my French/German trials I am so glad I had a day in between because I need to change my head and stop thinking in one language! It's horrible, I'd be a crap interpreter :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)